Hide
10 Posts

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Online Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
I have purchased both War and Devastation. Being so, I was wondering about the acceptability of a vassal module I created for BattleCON. Would it be okay if I used it for private purposes? Would it be okay if I set up casual one-on-ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
raggaragga wrote:
I have purchased both War and Devastation. Being so, I was wondering about the acceptability of a vassal module I created for BattleCON. Would it be okay if I used it for private purposes? Would it be okay if I set up casual one-on-ones?

We are planning to implement online play late this year or early next year as part of BattleCON online, but you're welcome to create anything you wish for your own use
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Just a further question... Would I be able to ask for opponents here on BGG? It's hard to find dedicated opponents. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
raggaragga wrote:
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Just a further question... Would I be able to ask for opponents here on BGG? It's hard to find dedicated opponents. cry

It doesn't bother me, but I would prefer if you not make it available as a public download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johhny boy gomes
msg tools
I will not. I'll even go a step further and make sure that all of my opponents show proof of owning the game. Thank you so so so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

We are planning to implement online play late this year or early next year as part of BattleCON online, but you're welcome to create anything you wish for your own use

Does this mean that the Battlcon Online implementation that was expected any week now will initially only allow play against the AI, or that the release date of Battlecon Online has slipped substantially?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewgr wrote:
Does this mean that the Battlcon Online implementation that was expected any week now will initially only allow play against the AI, or that the release date of Battlecon Online has slipped substantially?

Our plan for 'Phase 1' is being pushed back a few weeks (as our programmer bought a new house and got married last week). However, we are planning to have this by the end of July, for certain.

Phase 1 lets you record matches, manage downloadable bonuses, and participate in a BattleCON community.

'Phase 2' is full online play, and that's something that we are not planning to have finished up until late this year or early next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
andrewgr wrote:

Our plan for 'Phase 1' is being pushed back a few weeks (as our programmer bought a new house and got married last week). However, we are planning to have this by the end of July, for certain.

Phase 1 lets you record matches, manage downloadable bonuses, and participate in a BattleCON community.

'Phase 2' is full online play, and that's something that we are not planning to have finished up until late this year or early next year.

Will Phase 1 allow for any interactive play similar to what our PbF games are like here on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Kyokai wrote:
andrewgr wrote:

Will Phase 1 allow for any interactive play similar to what our PbF games are like here on BGG?

We are hoping to have a forum that is optimized for PBF included in the site, but it might not be ready quite at launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, PbF without the need for a moderator. Think of the possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.