Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Average Breakdown of Corp and Runner Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
TL Gorski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been searching like crazy and haven't found quite the answer I am looking for, maybe another thread has the answer and someone can point me there if not here's my questions in regards to the average breakdown of your corp/runner decks.

Runner Decks:
On average how many cards do your runner decks have?
Of those cards how many are Resources/Programs/Hardware/Events?
Of your programs how many of each type of Ice Breaker do you have?

Corp Decks
On average how many cards do your corp decks have?
Of those cards how many are Assets/Ice/Operations/Upgrades?
Of your Ice how many of each type do you have?

Obviously per the rules you must meet the minimum deck limit and not be over in regards to your influence limit for the deck. Also you must be able to sufficiently randomize them in a small amount of time. Other than that I understand that what you are trying to do with each deck determines alot of these things, what I am trying to drive at is when you start from scratch what basic criteria do you try to meet for the deck? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my runner decks have exactly 45 cards (except my Chaos Theory ones which use 40). There is extremely little reason to exceed that - even against the damage-iest deck, the better solution is to just play fewer cards. For corp, most of my decks are 49 cards to lower the agenda point density, however, some will use 45 or 40 for the new NBN identity for drawing key cards faster.

The card breakdown varies extremely variable per deck. About the only constant is that I have 18-22 ICE in a Corp deck, usually - some have as few as 14 and one silly deck has as much as 35 ICE.

Usually the ICE is roughly evenly distributed between the types, most often skimping a little on Code Gates in favor of Sentries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmetken wrote:
Runner Decks:
Minimum deck size.

Quote:
Corp Decks
Minimum deck size + 4.

Quote:
... what I am trying to drive at is when you start from scratch what basic criteria do you try to meet for the deck?
The problem here is, that it is not really possible to say, as it depends so much on what identity/cards you use.

For really rough guidelines...

Runners should have about 20% Icebreakers and/or cards that can search Icebreakers.

If using other programs in addition to Icebreakers, MU should be watched closely, and enough cards to grant extra MU should be included.

Runners should have cards that maximize the effect of their action usage (i.e. the standard actions "draw 1 card", and esp. "gain 1 credit" should be used rarely, if possible).

Corps should have about 40% Ice in the deck (unless there is a good reason to play more or less). Good mix of types and enough "End the Run" subroutines. Also, a good number of CHEAP Ice (at least half of them, probably even more).

Corps should have a good number of economy cards (at least 8-10 or so).

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Imobersteg
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
nmetken wrote:
Runner Decks:
1. Minimum Deck Size
2. Depends on the runner/strategy
3. Depends on the runner/strategy

Quote:

Corp Decks
1. Minimum Deck Size + 4
2. Depends on the corp/strategy (18-22 ices is common, but there are some decks out there that are nearly ice-less)
3. Depends on the corp/strategy (Even-ish split?)

Quote:
...what I am trying to drive at is when you start from scratch what basic criteria do you try to meet for the deck? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Sadly there is no answer to this questions as it entirely depends on the identity you choose and what strategy/ies you want to go with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliot Hemingway
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nmetken wrote:
Minimum deck size every time. There is currently no reason to ever exceed it. Someday this may change, but that day has not yet come.

nmetken wrote:
Varies wildly from deck to deck in every case. There is no simple way to answer this question with solid numbers.

nmetken wrote:
Typically 2 of each type plus several other breakers (some AI, some specialized like Femme Fatale). My current deck has 8 icebreakers in total. Being caught without your breakers is much akin to conceding the game.

nmetken wrote:
Minimum deck size plus 4. There are arguments for minimum deck size, but I do not currently believe that the tradeoff in vulnerability is worthwhile.

nmetken wrote:
I end up with 15-18 ice in almost every Corp deck that I build. Other card types fluctuate wildly depending on the deck; as with runner card types, solid numbers aren't doable.

nmetken wrote:
Three to six, with occasional variance.

nmetken wrote:
[W]hen you start from scratch what basic criteria do you try to meet for the deck?
Ultimately, a deck must have a strategy for victory that is uniquely effective (or else you should be playing the better alternative). A new deck begins upon noticing a unique ability or new dynamic of a faction or card, and proceeds by refining and recombining that singularity through playtesting until it reaches maximum potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls