Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joan Carles Cortés
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
In order to incorporate to the Spanish rules, (they need some update),
What rule do You use to represent wind?
I will thing in other "dark points" in my translation, but by the moment I'd like to put the wind rule.
Thanks,
Joan Carles
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinderkopke
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wind rule goes like this:

"§3.5: Strong winds in some flat zones cause groups of riders to take on a typical diagonal shape. In this game, in a wind zone, riders who follow may only be placed on a square diagonally to the left of the first moving rider, otherwise aspiration is impossible. Note that aspiration through another rider (cf. example 4) is still possible, if an appropriate square is available. To determine which rider(s) may follow, all normal rules still apply."

So, when you follow another rider normally ("no wind"), you place yours directely behind the one you follow. But in a "windy zone", you place your rider diagonally to the left, thus creating a typical fan-shaped group of a maximum of 4 or 5 riders (depending on the road broadness).

Example:

Before turn:
24-42-21-33

After turn 1 in windy zone:
........................-42......
...........................-21...
..............................-33

In the second turn, the slipstreaming priority does NOT change, so riders placed directly behind another one have the first choice in deciding whether they would like to follow the rider who rolls the dice.

In the example, if another rider places himself directly behind 33, he would have following priority in the next turn.

The wind-rules do NOT apply to riders outside the windy zone, of course. In the example above, if rider 24 would have ended up outside the zone by slipstreaming 42, he would have been placed directly behind 42, as normal, and not diagonally to his left.

I hope this is clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Carles Cortés
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
It is very clear. Thank you very much.
But, in your example: What happens if you decide to end the rider 33 on the left side of the road? I understand that it is not possible the aspiration to rider.
The rule requires wind always keep the aspiration line diagonally to the left? The wind always blows from the same side?

I have some more questions for you:
About the random events:
If a rider causes a massive fall, and he can only roll a dice in this turn: All others fallen riders must roll individually ? They can follow aspiration?

Sorry, I do not know Dutch and want to know something else:
There are some other updated rule in the Dutch version, which does not appear in the last English version?

Thank you.
Best regards,
JC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinderkopke
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What happens if you decide to end the rider 33 on the left side of the road? I understand that it is not possible the aspiration to rider.
The rule requires wind always keep the aspiration line diagonally to the left? The wind always blows from the same side?
Yes, no following a rider who places himself on the far left. In French, we call this a "bordure" and in Dutch a "waaier". Don't know the word in English...

Quote:
If a rider causes a massive fall, and he can only roll a dice in this turn: All others fallen riders must roll individually ? They can follow aspiration?
Yes. If the fallen rider rolls a "5", for example, which is quite good for 1 die only, then the other fallen riders may follow using the standard rules.

Quote:
There are some other updated rule in the Dutch version, which does not appear in the last English version?
In 2011 I added the "wind" rule and I've made some other minor changes as well:

-- §1.3 Shape cards can no longer be used to cross the finishing line. The card must be played in the penultimate turn, or otherwise may be played in the last turn, but in that case the rider must stop on the square before the finishing line.

(-- English update 2011: §2.6 Sprinters cannot launch atatcks themselves, they may only counter other rider's attacks.)

(-- English update 2011: expanded §5.3 about (team) time trials.)

-- §5.8 At intermediate sprints, riders can choose to use an energy card to advance "virtually" to determine the rush classification; after the intermediate sprint, they loose the energy card on a 1d6 roll of "1" only; on all other results the card may be reuperated immediately.

That's all, I think...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Carles Cortés
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
Re: WIND IN HOMAS PRO TOUR RULES
Thank you for the information.
I speak French and "j'ai compris le mot bordure".
Si j'ai bien entendu, il est possible de serrer a gauche pour faire l'eventail en diagonal vers la droite.
I see in the Dutch version, but I miss to understand, some little changes with the energy cards:
13 teams cards,
Special action in mountain for the climbers (6 instead 5).
That's correct?
Thanks,
JC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinderkopke
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WIND IN HOMAS PRO TOUR RULES
Quote:
I speak French and "j'ai compris le mot bordure".
Si j'ai bien entendu, il est possible de serrer a gauche pour faire l'eventail en diagonal vers la droite.
No, it's the other way round: a rider may place himself to the utmost left hand side of the road to avois being followed; he may also place himself to the utter rigth side and thus create a "bordure" diagonally from the right tot the left.

Quote:
I see in the Dutch version, but I miss to understand, some little changes with the energy cards: 13 teams cards, special action in mountain for the climbers (6 instead 5).
We play with the following set of 13 energy cards:
leader: 3
protected rider: 2
sprinter: 2
climber: 2 (+6 uphill, not +5)
team: 4
Before each race only a certain number of cards are available. In the 5 most important classics (San Remo, Vlaanderen, Roubaix, Liège and Lombadia) each teams gets 3 / 2 / 2 / 2 // 3 cards for a total of 12 cards. A normal Tour stage is done with only 8 cards. (See the race descriptions for the Pro rules.)

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle McKenzie
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Quote:
In French, we call this a "bordure" and in Dutch a "waaier". Don't know the word in English...
I think the word in English you may be looking for is "echelon".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echelon_formation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kinderkopke
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is. Never too old to learn...

Thumb up