Popular Tags: [View All]
Khang Wey Cham
Malaysia
Bayan Lepas
Penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Played my very first game with my brother, a question pops up in my mind, regarding the final turn of the gear.

After the final food day, point rewards from the gods, do we still need to turn the gear one more day and perform take/put workers? Doing this might change the scores as I understand correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm... are you doing food days at the end of the day when the gear is on a food day, or at the start? Judging from your question, I think you might be doing it at the start, which would be incorrect. When the gear turns onto a food day (or goes past it, if someone advances the day twice) then you have a food day at the end of the upcoming turn. So that in particular for the final turn, means everyone should take their actions (likely removing all/most of their workers) and then the final food day, followed by final scoring, should happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the rulebook notes, you do turn the gears one last time after the final food day; but the only difference this could make is if a worker falls off the gears and so doesn't help his player's tiebreak. And in practice that would never even happen, because why didn't that player pick that worker up on the final turn? (I suppose maybe the worker was on Chichen Itza and the player mistimed the endgame and found herself without a crystal skull.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Khang Wey Cham
Malaysia
Bayan Lepas
Penang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see, that rule is only for tie-breaker when more than one player has the same high score.

How many of the gamers here actually practise this rule? It seems like this rule is least important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even know this game had a tiebreaker whistle

Thumb up