Wings of Glory: WW2 Starter Set» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregg Rogers
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!
How does this play solo are there any special rules for such?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from ground attack, fighter v fighter is not very good solo at all. I wouldn't try that, except to get a feel for mechanics.

You can pick up one or more of the bombers and put them on a 'pre-programmed flight,' like say 3 straights, one left, one right, shuffle 4 cards each turn before randomly picking the next and not looking at it.

That works nicely, both for solo or for including bombers in a game with fighters on both sides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A slightly more elaborated system for bombers' solo flight is in the Wings of Glory: WW2 Rules and Accessories Pack. It makes the flight path a little more straight across the table, even if always a bit unpredictable.
There are house rules for fighters' Artificial Intelligence. You might ask at
http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/content.php
Anyway, the game has more than one official solitaire scenario. But a human opponent is better anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Fox
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played solo play and it is very fun. All I do is I choose the cards for my fighter first then I pick out the cards for the non-player ally planes then the the enemy planes last by choosing cards that they may go using logical thinking; for example he could attack nearby enemies or evade an attack from a nearby enemy. I would choose possible cards then randomly shuffle and pick out a card without looking at it and place it on the next card slot. I would always look at their previous card chosen first before I would choose news cards to shuffle.

This always works for me but I do house rule planes that go near the edge of the table by choosing cards that make them veer away from the edge and I also use the basic fly rules with advanced damage rules.

The key to solo play is using commom sense when choosing possible cards to shuffle for non-player planes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls