Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." Voice actor for video games!
badge
Microbadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Vinyl collectorMicrobadge: My lover is also a BGG userMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
I recently got a copy of Rook City, and man, were these cards freaking destroyed! One corner was consistently poorly cut, and others had corners that were broken off about 3-4mm in from the corner.

I contacted >G, but have not received word that they received the request for assistance. Are they just inundated with requests like these?

And for you fellow geeks, have any of you had this problem with your cards? Anything like it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Captain Canuck fanMicrobadge: Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game fanMicrobadge: Edmonton Oilers fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering Arena fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
My Rook City cards were pretty rough. A lot of them were stuck together so had to carefully peel them apart. They were also 'crimped' together or something so some edges were damaged. A lot of missing paint and dented cards for me in that expansions - other expansions were all fine though.

The cards are still playable so I never did anything about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Le Havre fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan - Citizen Dawn: Rise!Microbadge: Copper Folding@Home donator
>G is normally very good about QA issues. They're in the middle of 2 major projects ATM with only 3(I think 4 now) people involved so it might take a little bit for them to get back to you, but it's always been a positive experience for me when they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Winter
United States
Manistee
Michigan
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Collins Epic Wargames "Spearpoint 1943 Eastern Front" Contest participantMicrobadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Far Off Games "Xia: Legends of a Drift System" Contest participant
my first set of enhanced edit came with damaged cards i emailed them. never got a response. i just deal with it. i like the game but i will not buy any more from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
Microbadge: Sentinel ComicsMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan - Citizen Dawn: Rise!Microbadge: Greater Than Games fanMicrobadge: = the number of heroesMicrobadge: Spirit Island fan
Brad, I believe you've gotten a response from us by now about getting your cards replaced. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

John, definitely shoot me an e-mail about your damaged cards - I'd like to replace them for you.

Jason, I am very sorry to hear that. I just searched my e-mail inbox(es) and couldn't find anything from you. It might have gotten devoured by internet goblins - they're the worst. Could you please shoot me an e-mail at christopher@greaterthangames.com and let me know which of your cards are damaged? I would very much like to replace them for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: ColoradoMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Watcher CrestMicrobadge: Deftones fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan
cptcanuck wrote:
My Rook City cards were pretty rough. A lot of them were stuck together so had to carefully peel them apart. They were also 'crimped' together or something so some edges were damaged. A lot of missing paint and dented cards for me in that expansions - other expansions were all fine though.

The cards are still playable so I never did anything about it.
Same here. My Rook City cards were all very tightly packed and a lot of corners were missing some black paint. But life goes on and the cards are perfectly readable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Captain Canuck fanMicrobadge: Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game fanMicrobadge: Edmonton Oilers fanMicrobadge: Magic: The Gathering Arena fanMicrobadge: Plays Games With Family
GTGChristopher wrote:
Brad, I believe you've gotten a response from us by now about getting your cards replaced. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

John, definitely shoot me an e-mail about your damaged cards - I'd like to replace them for you.

Jason, I am very sorry to hear that. I just searched my e-mail inbox(es) and couldn't find anything from you. It might have gotten devoured by internet goblins - they're the worst. Could you please shoot me an e-mail at christopher@greaterthangames.com and let me know which of your cards are damaged? I would very much like to replace them for you.
I appreciate it Christopher but not sure you have to bother for me. Spite and Plague Rat have the majority of the issues - black paint was peeled off when I had to pull them apart. My Fixer has a few cards with the same issue. The edge issue seems to be that the plastic wrap melted into the cards a bit or were shrunk too tight? ... but now that they are all mixed in together, you can hardly tell.

But the cards are all still very playable and maybe you can even say it suits those two villains and gives the cards a 'rough' look to them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn George
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Open your eyes...
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Parent of Two Girls and One BoyMicrobadge: Fan of Stonemaier GamesMicrobadge: NCAA Ohio State Buckeyes fan
cptcanuck wrote:
I appreciate it Christopher but not sure you have to bother for me.
Let him. I'm sure that he'd rather spend a few bucks and a couple of minutes to ensure that he has a happy customer, than to not and have a customer with a tarnished opinion of his company. You paid for the expansion, you deserve to receive the product that you paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
Microbadge: Sentinel ComicsMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fan - Citizen Dawn: Rise!Microbadge: Greater Than Games fanMicrobadge: = the number of heroesMicrobadge: Spirit Island fan
I ALWAYS want to replace damaged/miscut/etc cards, not just so customers are happy, but because I want to make sure every copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse looks and plays the best it possibly can! This game is my baby, and I want it to always be at its best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
GTGChristopher wrote:
I ALWAYS want to replace damaged/miscut/etc cards, not just so customers are happy, but because I want to make sure every copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse looks and plays the best it possibly can! This game is my baby, and I want it to always be at its best.
I want to thank you very much for the replacements cards I got in the mail today. I was okay with the cards I had but now that I have the new ones...I am so happy

Thanks again and what fantastic support for a fantastic game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." Voice actor for video games!
badge
Microbadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Vinyl collectorMicrobadge: My lover is also a BGG userMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Christopher, yes, I did receive my replacement cards, and they were pristine. Thanks so much for a very prompt response and supporting my purchase.

Can't wait for more expansions, and a box that fits everything in it, tokens and all (hint hint).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls