Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that suspects and alibis aren't played as part of a meld, but the scoring example suggests they don't score negative points if a matching meld is in play. I've looked through the threads and didn't see this answered. Anyone have an answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
kvenosdel wrote:
The rules say that suspects and alibis aren't played as part of a meld, but the scoring example suggests they don't score negative points if a matching meld is in play. I've looked through the threads and didn't see this answered. Anyone have an answer?
The terminology is a little tricky. They can't "make up a meld" when you lay cards down but they can be added to a meld already on the table. The reason for this is because they are gavel cards and you are limited to one per turn.

For end game scoring, you can layoff if there is already an existing meld in play so these cards won't count against you. These are considered "cards that could have been played."

If the matching meld has NOT been put in play, they would count negative at that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
kvenosdel wrote:
The terminology is a little tricky. They can't "make up a meld" when you lay cards down but they can be added to a meld already on the table. The reason for this is because they are gavel cards and you are limited to one per turn.

For end game scoring, you can layoff if there is already an existing meld in play so these cards won't count against you. These are considered "cards that could have been played."

If the matching meld has NOT been put in play, they would count negative at that point.
Thanks. That's what I thought, I just couldn't be sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls