GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,524 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Coming out rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Stephens
United States
Omaha
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If I'm not a backer, when should we be able to purchase this game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Adam, once the game has been successfully shipped to all backers, he will be putting remaining stock up for sale (most likely o his webstore). It is unknown if he will continue to produce any more copies of the game beyond this initial print run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You got me excited for news.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From some of the replies/answers to my polling thread it looks like you may find a few people willing to sell off a copy or at least part of their haul.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/970820/after-the-delivery-sp...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
From some of the replies/answers to my polling thread it looks like you may find a few people willing to sell off a copy or at least part of their haul.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/970820/after-the-delivery-sp...

I feel like the majority of those people are speculating more than looking to distribute copies at fair prices to people who missed out on the KS. You'll be paying a pretty penny if you try to buy from them.

Even though I bought the game and most of the expansions for my personal enjoyment (seriously this game looks awesome), even I'm aware that my $300 pledge will easily sell for 2x or 3x that much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeh, I don't plan on selling mine, but I did the $600 level. That being said, if the wife doesn't like it or I can't get it to the table, I'm sure I can get at least what I've paid back in full.

I doubt I'd sell it though, those minis are too awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Yeh, I don't plan on selling mine, but I did the $600 level. That being said, if the wife doesn't like it or I can't get it to the table, I'm sure I can get at least what I've paid back in full.

I doubt I'd sell it though, those minis are too awesome

Half the fun of the game is customizing your minis when you build them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stephens
United States
Omaha
NE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it's a well put together game, just from what I have read and seen and very excited about when it hits the shelves. The character creation of this game seems so indepth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skawitch skawitch
msg tools
I really hope that they do carry on producing it - The kickstarter completely bypassed me (god knows how) and I really like the look of it. I understand the whole 'boutique' game aspect but, judging by the amount of time and effort going into production it'd be a really strange business model to stop producing it. While it would mean that you'd probably create a increased demand for new products within your existing customer base you also experience little/no growth of customer numbers. The only people who would benefit are those on the secondary market. So whilst it may be a possibility I'd be very, very surprised if it does stop. I'm sure Mr Poots will do well out of this but, if he wants game design to be his future it'd be a no-brainer to keep it going. I mean would you cut off a lucrative revenue stream which you own all the rights to why your setting up on your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koey wrote:
Half the fun of the game is customizing your minis when you build them.

That's why I pledged at the "3 copies" level. I was looking at the various costs of getting extra armour kits, and some extra King's Men, and was also thinking about conversions for some of the bosses. In the end, it diddn't work out that much more to buy 3 sets and cannibalise one for extras than to just add the extras.....at least that's what my memory tells me. I could be making up prices just to justify to myself!

But definitely - looking forward to modelling and converting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stu Holttum wrote:
That's why I pledged at the "3 copies" level.

wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skawitch wrote:
I really hope that they do carry on producing it - The kickstarter completely bypassed me (god knows how) and I really like the look of it.

Based on comments made during and after the campaign, Adam was actually suggesting backers not break the bank trying to grab everything all at once as the expansions would be available later on in some form (and the base game too). The focus right now is getting it all made and the backers their loot. Then, regular distribution will be looked into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.