Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
so,

there's a pledge that includes EVERYTHING game related (even the 6-7 player map that is not quite yet unlocked (I say 7 even though the KS says 8 because there are only 7 playable factions, though the nature of the maps means that it can be flipped a certain way to allow for 8 players, but...only if an 8th playable faction were ever created).

It is $525.
If you had a Father's Day Special CDG level pledge ($200) and then added EVERYTHING game related, it would be $533. So...if you're getting everything game related this is the best tier to pledge on - and it is not limited. (for comparison, it is $557 to get all of this if at the regular CDG pledge level).

There is also a slightly lesser pledge which is $325 and gives you a lot, but it's there to give you more variety in your choices.

You get to choose between the AW or HPL figures, and choose 3 out of 7 of the "big" expansions (the 3 playable factions; azathoth; the 3 map expansions). This pledge level is for those who want more than the CDG, but also more options with what they're bundling, and can't afford everything.

These are in direct response to the wonderful community here at BGG. I have been talking to GEG for the past week to get this to happen.

Also - there is a really good VAT related update coming soon, I've been told.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure because it isn't explicitly stated: does the $525 level still get the display miniatures? I ask only because it specifically mentions gameplay related items so I hope it doesn't exclude non-gameplay-related stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The following has been edited due to my egregious error:

It will include the display miniatures (collectibles) that are tied to all the stretch goals.

it WILL also include all of the 9 stretch goal GOOs. In other words, it will include ALL GOOs, but only one copy of each.

This is totally different than what I had said originally. sorry!!modestmodestmodest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
now if only I could find someone who wants to get me the everything pledge for my B-day 7/2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, in the end I want everything, but of course money is an issue, in the perfect world I would have it, but yeah.

The big thing is, we have no assurance that there will be a pledge manager, one that would end up giving one such as me, the chance to break the cost in two separate charges (the original plege and hopefully a month later, the other half to get everything)

Not even counting on the pledge manager later, do you think we will really have the extras available to purchase later?

I have read lots of comments, from the devs, and in some I sensed some worry from their part that some of these extras would be to expensive to make, and then put on the market in a viable way.

I loved the game, and of course, being a total geek and fan, oh man, I really want to get my hands on it all, but yeah... everything I wrote above
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify, the High Priest expansion is listed twice in the $525 pledge description. I assume that was an accident, or are two sets actually included?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Mercury
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome news! This definitely makes it easier for those who want to get "one of everything" without having to juggle the math...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rees
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to correct those numbers. It should be $573 for everything at regular CDG as it is exactly $40 more than FDS.

Also, the $525 DVM level does not get any collectibles at all? Does that include the Nightgaunt, etc unlocked by backer numbers?

EDIT:
Nevermind, the minis must have been just the GOOs. From the KS comments:
"Artist here:
Yes all the new pledges get all the stretch goals. We can't edit text once it's submitted, we forgot to add that."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The big thing is, we have no assurance that there will be a pledge manager, one that would end up giving one such as me, the chance to break the cost in two separate charges (the original plege and hopefully a month later, the other half to get everything)

I'm pretty sure there will be a pledge manager - let's say 99% sure.

Quote:
Not even counting on the pledge manager later, do you think we will really have the extras available to purchase later?
I have read lots of comments, from the devs, and in some I sensed some worry from their part that some of these extras would be to expensive to make, and then put on the market in a viable way.

I have less surety about this, but many of them will be. The less popular ones will probably be unavailable, but the ones that really sell will likely be avaiable.

Quote:
Just to clarify, the High Priest expansion is listed twice in the $525 pledge description. I assume that was an accident, or are two sets actually included?

that is a typo. I'm sure they will update it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
Twilight struggling to find time to play
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Serneum wrote:
I'd like to correct those numbers. It should be $573 for everything at regular CDG as it is exactly $40 more than FDS.

Also, the $525 DVM level does not get any collectibles at all? Does that include the Nightgaunt, etc unlocked by backer numbers?

The artist confirmed they only missed this in the pledge info. DMV will get the unlocked collectibles figures, unlocked by backers number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'd like to correct those numbers. It should be $573 for everything at regular CDG as it is exactly $40 more than FDS

Yes, I think I forgot the 6-8 map

Quote:

Der...I totally forgot about those. Yes, those will be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harms
msg tools
De Vermiis Mysteriis should contain all of the display models we unlock. The stretch goals specify either a cultist or above pledge (and DVM certainly counts as above) or a specific expansion add on (which are all included in DVM). It would be very strange to create an everything pledge but not include stretch goals we have no way of adding independently especially as the current pledging frenzy is fueled by the new options.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Abrams
United States
The Colony
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Quote:

I'm pretty sure there will be a pledge manager - let's say 99% sure.

The FAQ on the page says there will be a way to increase pledges after the campaign ends. There's that last 1%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astribulus wrote:
De Vermiis Mysteriis should contain all of the display models we unlock. The stretch goals specify either a cultist or above pledge (and DVM certainly counts as above) or a specific expansion add on (which are all included in DVM). It would be very strange to create an everything pledge but not include stretch goals we have no way of adding independently especially as the current pledging frenzy is fueled by the new options.

As mentioned above, it was clarified on KS comments by the Artist. small collectible figures unlocked by backers number will be in.
What will not be in DMV are: T-shirt, factions art print, and display GOOs (those that can be purchased separately)
They just forgot to write "stretch goals" in the pledge description
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The small display miniatures are included!! You will get EVERY SINGLE THING that a CDG backer gets plus more.

The ONLY things you will not get are the t-shirt and the faction art prints (you WILL get the art prints of Asenath & HPL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the 325 bundle, is it possible to get both the underworld and overworld monsters counting as a single "expansion?" The family is interested in as many critters as they can scatter across the tabletop.

That's assuming of course I don't end up just scrounging up the rest of the cash for the big pledge by the time a pledge manager does end up rolling out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a little bit confused... until now I pledged Cultes de Gouhles and added the other Great Old One Factions and the maps. Does the new bundle just give me a new 8-player map in addition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian van Loenen
Netherlands
Hilversum
flag msg tools
Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the DVM bundle gives you everything including the 8 player map, excluding art prints and T-shirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Li
France
flag msg tools
my latin is a little rusted but shouldn't it be spelled De vermis mysteriis ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo GuimarĂ£es
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:

In the FAQ of the kickstarter page they are saying that will be possible to add to your pledge post-kickstarter, so you will have the chance to break the cost in two charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. That will dull the pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick H
msg tools
mb
That means that I can put addons but if i want DVM i'd have to do it before KS ends right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Luxenberg
United States
Montgomery Village
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't...resist....complete...set.

Curse you Sandy for an excellent game design and fantastic production values. It's C'thulhu C'rack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
It will not include the display miniatures (collectibles), but it WILL include all of the 9 stretch goal GOOs. In other words, it will include ALL GOOs, but only one copy of each. The display/collectible ones are all second copies of them, which is why they are not "game related."

Does that make sense?

You may want to edit this post - if I'm correct reading below, the display minis are indeed included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.