Popular Tags: [View All]
AJ Harris
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mana Prism
"Whenever a spell or ability an opponent controls causes you to lose or pay mana... place that mana on Mana Prism instead."

What is the definition of "lose mana". I understand the obvious uses of this but I would like to use it when an opponent cancels a spell of mine. Can I place mana on Mana Prism when:

1. My opponent reveals Nullify to cancel my attempt to Dissolve his Mage Wand. In this case I have paid 5 mana with no effect.

2. My opponent reveals Reverse Attack to take control of my Fireball attack. This time I have paid 8 mana only to have the attack used against me.

3. I am attack by an opponent's creature with an Unavoidable attack and I am forced to reveal my attached Reverse Attack. I pay 5 mana to reveal it only to have it destroyed with no effect.

Surely an opponents spell or ability caused me to "lose mana" in these 3 cases right?

AJ Harris
Autumn Wizard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No.

2. No.

3. No, although you don't need to pay the reveal cost. Revealing is mandatory, paying the reveal cost is not. You'll still lose the 2 mana and the action to play the Reverse Attack, but you don't need to waste the extra 5 mana.

Your opponent didn't directly drain or steal your mana, so none of those situations count for Mana Prism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman Z
msg tools
mbmbmb
currently it works against:

The attack trait mana drain +X (mana leeches has this).
Mana drain (arcane incantation).
Supression Orb (pay mana to move non-mage creatures - mind conjuration).
Upkeep effects. (conjuration: mordoks obelisk, Enchantment: essence drain).

(only if effects are put into play by opponent)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats too bad. Would have been really useful to me as a Wizard. Now it is just a card that is to be used against me.

AJ Harris
Autumn Wizard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Shurym
Belarus
Минск
flag msg tools
Does Mana Prism do anything against Mana Siphon ?
Does it do anything against Suppression Cloak?
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Hernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
flag msg tools
mbmb
What about Mage 1: Mana prism vs Mage 2: Enchanter's Wardstone?

Mage 1 is going to dispel an enchantment controlled by Mage 2. Mage 1 has to pay extra 2 Mana to dispel, does this extra mana goes to the Mana Prism?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mana Prism does not do anything against Mana Siphon, because the Mana Siphon isn't taking mana away from you, it is simply reducing the mana that you generate.

It does work against Suppression Cloak and Enchanter's Wardstone. So that is a good way to get around those thorns in your side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.