Hide
2 Posts

Catacombs» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heal Spell and Dead Heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylnox Exumbris
msg tools
Hi! My sister got this game a while back, and in a recent session my brother tried to resurrect a hero who had died the previous turn using the wizard's heal spell. Judging solely by the text on the card, this is permissible - it merely says to move the health track of any hero up by three, implying that you can do this even if the track is at 0. Once the health track is no longer at 0, the character would cease to have the "dead" status, as per the rules. This status in turn was what was keeping the hero off the board. However, I opposed this on two counts: 1. the card says "heal," not "resurrect," and the wizard character seems to be more of a battlemage than a hardcore healer and 2. the practical problem in most scenarios involving resurrection mid-room of where the hero should be placed on the board. The rules are silent on the issue. How do other people play this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Frantz
Turkey
Cleveland, OH
-please select item-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Resurrect and Heal are two separate functions. Check out the "Healer" card. It clearly demonstrates that they are not the same - because you pay for them in separate transactions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls