Popular Tags: [View All]
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it seems that each player can exhaust characters to discard cards for the Dark Pit effect. I'm not sure if each player adds the cost of his discarded cards separately, or if all players add the cost of all the discarded cards together.

I'm not really sure how to win if the answer is "separately."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Pit doesn't say "all cards you discarded", it says "all discarded cards". So you'd take the combined printed cost of all cards discarded by all players, and compare that total to Durin's Bane's HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Microbadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Legion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan - Join the Resistance!Microbadge: Card playerMicrobadge: Twitter user
rmunn wrote:
Dark Pit doesn't say "all cards you discarded", it says "all discarded cards". So you'd take the combined printed cost of all cards discarded by all players, and compare that total to Durin's Bane's HP.
This is wrong. The ability on Dark Pit is an action (Refresh Action) so, one player will do the action and resolve the entire thing before another player could do anything. "all discarded cards" is just referring to the first sentence of the action.

So in a 3 player game, you could use Dark Pit up to 3 times, each time with a separate total from each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffen Onkes
Germany
Norden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
So in a 3 player game, you could use Dark Pit up to 3 times, each time with a separate total from each player.
This is not completly right. You can use this action multiple times per player during refresh phase as long as you have characters to exhaust and cards to discard.

Edit: Typos (I know, there are still some more of them...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Legion fanMicrobadge: Star Wars fan - Join the Resistance!Microbadge: Card playerMicrobadge: Twitter user
OnkelZorni wrote:
This is not completly right. You can use this action multiple times per player during refresh phase as long as you have characters to exhaust and cards to discard.
Oops, you're right.

Edit- Just so we're completely clear for Jefferson and Robin: it'd still be a separate total for each triggering of the action though. So even if I have 6 ready characters, and want to use the Dark Pit action twice, I still resolve each Dark Pit action separately, with it's own total before I or another player tries the action again.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All right! Thanks for the answers. So I need to tune a deck to knock the bloody snot out of Durin's Bane and get him down to fewer than 10 hit points... surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls