Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarek Boardsmith
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey everyone,
I have series that is specifically for playtesting games that are in the late design phase. If you have a kickstarter coming up then you should let us know and we'll make a free episode to post on your kickstarter page. Here is a link to our latest episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ebnamp0TRQ

Let us know what you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic DiGital
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well-made. Focus was off (bricks in focus, faces a bit soft) on the Convert episode, but the others were fine. When you scale up those shots for the show open, they get REALLY soft and blurry. Not a deal killer, but an unnecessary distraction on an otherwise solid presentation. Rather than use a zoomed in shot of the people from the show, I'd make it a point to shoot a good closeup dossier-style clip of each person that looks nice and is in focus. Something on the open that might also be helpful is when you put up a person's name, you put a brief list of the type of gamer he/she is, maybe RPG stat sheet style. Jarek: Euro-9 Abstract-2 Chaotic-6 Dice-10 Strategy-8 Or whatever. This gives us some quick way to evaluate YOUR evaluations. If you hate abstract games, but LIKE a kickstarted abstract game, then that tells me something. If you like dice games most of all, when you explain why you think a particular reviewed dice game isn't working, that'll have a lot more credibility.

But overall good stuff. I'm subscribed.

One question: Is this a paid service? As in, do you require people to pay you to do a review/preview? Or do they just need to send you a copy? (edit- Duh. It helps to re-read the text under the video before posting)I've got a friend who's about to Kickstart a card game, but got really burned the last time he sent out preview copies to prominent bloggers who review games (not video review though) who said they just never had time to get to his game, so a lot of his expected KS publicity never materialized and his game didn't reach funding (not the only reason it didn't succeed, but every little bit contributes). So I guess the second question is what is your lead-time/turnaround time? And if it's a paid review, does it move to the head of the queue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff. I'll be sure to contact you guys when my Kickstarter launches (assuming it doesn't get sold to a publisher before then).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls