Popular Tags: [View All]
Wille Fisch
Sweden
Huddinge
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Hi everyone
I have just started playing DT and i really like it.
I will buy more walkers and troops to make my collection bigger, but my question for you i this:

Poll
What is the best Campaign Expanssion set for Dust Tactics?
Which one is the best regarding scenarios, replay value and how much stuff you get for your buck?
Cyclone
SeeLöwe
Cerebus
Zverograd
Hades
Icarus
None of them, just but walkers and troops
      19 answers
Poll created by fisch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GrandPop McPopenstrudel
msg tools
I would skip Cyclone as it offers very little compared to the rest, as well as the scenarios included are not designed to handle units like the Grim Reapers with movement 2.

Seelow has some good scenarios, and introduces 2D buildings, but the rules for these are already covered in the Revised Core Set. However, Seelow also contains a couple of must have Heroes, Oz 117 and Marcus, for Allied armour 3 units and Axis Gorilla squads respectively. Marcus in particular is awesome for the cost and I never field apes without him.

Cerberus comes with rules for the 3D buildings plus a three story 3D structure, although there is nothing stopping you buying Warzone Tenaments separately and just downloading the Cerberus PDF, if you can live without the Heroes.

Hades: I'm still in two minds about the rules for subterranian fighting as it seems to take away some gameplay depth rather than add to it, and playing with two or three boards at a time just takes up too much space - I'm afraid a few of the included scenarios are like that.

Have not tried the others yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wille Fisch
Sweden
Huddinge
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info.

I think I will have to get this expanssion.
I want the building and the scenarios - i think i will have to grin and bear it with the chef.

The alternative would be, as i said, to get the warzone tenements and surf the web for some cool scenarios cantaining buildings (have not found any so far)

Thanks for all the votes, the results shows very clearly how i should proceed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 2019 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Fair Trade supporterMicrobadge: Spirit Island fan
You might want to also get the Tile set. You'll get a bunch more scenarios (which are quite good), and without it, you might have trouble playing the Cerberus scenarios - you could play some of them with the revised core set maps, but you'll have to ignore the building markings on the mats.

Also, you're going to want to print out and put together these for your impassable terrain:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/61124/papercraft-bunker-wa...
They are seriously awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wille Fisch
Sweden
Huddinge
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Hi again

I actually got the tile set at the same time as i bought the game. I had been looking at reviews and clip online and i did not like the flimsy look and feel of the poster gameboard.

Thanks for the link to the impassable terrain - this is good sauce!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls