Subject: New building ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came up with a few building ideas that may be used in the game. What do you think of them? Since these came after just one play so far, they are probably not very balanced but may be tweaked to suit game needs.

General Store
1 Point
2W / 2S
You receive one resource of your choice at the start of each subsequent round.
Comments: That's a net profit of five resources assuming played in round 1.

Milking Shed
1 Point
2W, 1S
Holds 6 cattle
Cattle in the Milking shed do not reproduce.
Comments: A nice place to store lots of cows, but three extra spaces are needed somewhere else for reproduction. Apparently milking them is more important.

Animal Market
1 Point
2W, 2S
+ 1 animal. At the start of each round, you may pay any three resources to receive a sheep, boar, cattle or horse.
Comments: A nice way to chuck away your excess resources for animals. Maybe 2 resources might be enough, I don't know.

Shared Stall
1 Point
4W, 3S
Holds any 3 animals
When you build this, you may return the player disk to your board.
Comments: You may thus take four actions when you build this. Costs a bit though. You may mix your animals freely in this stall for a laugh. Not sure why though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some nice ideas

Gregski wrote:

Milking Shed
1 Point
2W, 1S
Holds 6 cattle
Comments: A nice place to store lots of cows, but three extra spaces are needed somewhere else for reproduction. Apparently milking them is more important.

But surely you want to breed your milking cattle or they won't produce any milk?! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
Some nice ideas

Gregski wrote:

Milking Shed
1 Point
2W, 1S
Holds 6 cattle

But surely you want to breed your milking cattle or they won't produce any milk?! laugh

Well it's one or the other surely? I get your point, just I wanted to create a building that has strong positive and negative effects to require better planning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregski wrote:

Well it's one or the other surely? I get your point, just I wanted to create a building that has strong positive and negative effects to require better planning.

I have no real knowledge of farming but from my limited understanding you would want your dairy herd to have calves so that they produce milk . I'm not sure lactation happens without it.

However there are plenty of cards in Agricola and probably a few tiles in ACBAS that are wildly inaccurate. In fact milking shed is probably my favorite of the ideas, just the concept of a celibate milking herd made me smile inside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjwells wrote:
Gregski wrote:

I have no real knowledge of farming but from my limited understanding you would want your dairy herd to have calves so that they produce milk . I'm not sure lactation happens without it.

However there are plenty of cards in Agricola and probably a few tiles in ACBAS that are wildly inaccurate. In fact milking shed is probably my favorite of the ideas, just the concept of a celibate milking herd made me smile inside.

We aim to please over here... anyway your point is entirely valid. My father in law has cows, so I have a basic understanding.
Still, are the cards, too weak / strong / just right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Qu├ębec, Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gregski wrote:
I came up with a few building ideas that may be used in the game. What do you think of them?

General Store
1 Point
2W / 2S
You receive one resource of your choice at the start of each subsequent round.
Comments: That's a net profit of five ressources assuming played in round 1.

Well sounds like a good idea but I'd rather give no point as for the advantage it gives if played in the beginning of the game.

Gregski wrote:
Milking Shed
1 Point
2W, 1S
Holds 6 cattle

This one made me smile as already mentioned in this thread. Good thinking here as for not so accurate...

Gregski wrote:
Animal Market
1 Point
2W, 2S
+ 1 animal. At the start of each round, you may pay any three resources to receive a sheep, boar, cattle or horse.
Comments: A nice way to chuck away your excess resources for animals. Maybe 2 resources might be enough, I don't know.

That could be a good idea as well as if you pay 3 ressources. To my thinking, only 2 would be to much of an advantage for the player who own's it...

Gregski wrote:
Shared Stall
1 Point
4W, 3S
Holds any 3 animals
When you build this, you may return the player disk to your board.
Comments: You may thus take four actions when you build this. Costs a bit though. You may mix your animals freely in this stall for a laugh. Not sure why though.

This one is more difficult to judge... at first it would been cool, then on a second tought, the extra action ain't good as your also opening an action space that have been used... Then it still bothers me as good or not...But for sharing space for multiple animals cool and usefull.

Also as for my two cents:

The chapel
3 points
5 woods
At the beginning of a turn, before the first action, gives the possibility to both players to make a trade of ressources.
Comments: When the farmers used to go to church, they we're trading stuff and talking about the news.

The thief
-3 points
Free
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can steal one kind of ressource (all of the same ressource) or the contents of one field of the other player.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" this one could use this action space.

The beggar
-1 point
Free
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can use any action space already being used as if it was'nt used.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" this one could use this action space. If the wood action space with 3 woods is used and have produced 6 wood, it would produce only 3 woods. If the first player is taken this way the beggar would grab it. The beggar cannot take the expansion action.

The sheppard
-1 point
1 Wood (for the sheppard stick)
Hold up to 2 sheep.
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can pick 2 sheep from the general supply. At the end of turn, as long as you own the sheppard, you can keep one sheep in any unused field space, as long as it's not bordering the forest side of your land.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" the sheppard could use this action space. The sheppard can be hired by the opponnent, he then places it on his land.

The boarman
-1 point
1 reed (to make an alley)
Hold up to 3 boars.
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can pick 2 boars from the general supply. At the end of turn, as long as you own the boarman, you can keep 1 boar in any unused field space, as long as it's not bordering the forest side of your land.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" the boarman could use this action space. The boarman can be hired by the opponnent, he then places it on his land.

The cowboy
-2 point
1 horse (to cattle)
Hold up to 3 cows.
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can pick 2 cows from the general supply. At the end of turn, as long as you own the cowboy, you can keep one cow in any unused field space.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" the cowboy could use this action space. The cowboy can be hired by the opponnent, he then places it on his land.

The rancher
-3 point
1 horse (to cattle)
Hold up to 3 horses.
This is a personnal action space. When you play here, you can pick 2 horses from the general supply. At the end of a turn, as long as you own the rancher, you can keep one horse in any unused field space.
Comments: Only the player who "hired" the rancher could use this action space. The rancher can be hired by the opponnent, he then places it on his land.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.