GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,866 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Xybertek Systems
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
Hello,

I am working on a crossword board game, and will appreciate your suggestion with regards to the concept I came up with.

What do you think I need to do to make it a success in terms of:

1. playability (read about the game here
2. Attractiveness (see box artwork here - http://www.tagongame.com/TagOn_BoxTopNew.jpg).

NOTE: the game will have it's own unique game character illustrated to replace the existing character in the logo.

I will appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Let me know if it Is ok to carry on, pause and do some rethinking or modification.

Regards
ID

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallagher
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hello,
I think you are off to a great start. A few things I would look at. The Logo. The space between the T and A is a bit hard to look at. It may be the set space by the font, but a bit of keerning will close that gap. The tile in bible that touch the G, I would overlap it more or not at all. Colors are great. The artwork. The bible is either real small or the tiles are real big. 2 tiles cover almost a whole page of the book. So I would work on creating a size ratio between the book and tiles to create a more realistic look. The tiles themselves are not casting a shadow so it looks like they are floating on the page. Lastly there is a mystery box above the book on the back wall. Looks like something was selected when you were working on the wall. Like I said I think you have a great first draft. There is a classic look to the art. One thing worth checking into. Are the look of the scrabble tiles part of a TM? Hope this helps in some way. All the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Laverty
Canada
Port Sydney
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Looking good, As stated above, it's a good first draft of the cover.

I was anxious to see a description of the rules, and have to say it sounds difficult, but also very entertaining discussion will undoubtedly happen around the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xybertek Systems
Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain
flag msg tools
publisher
Folks,

The complete game rules here - www.tagongame.com/English_TagOn_GameRules_BBG.doc

I guess this will help in providing you with sufficient information so as to provide more contribution.

Thanks again
ID

jlav wrote:
Looking good, As stated above, it's a good first draft of the cover.

I was anxious to see a description of the rules, and have to say it sounds difficult, but also very entertaining discussion will undoubtedly happen around the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.