Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you object to adding a new floor you must remove a column and then remove it from the game. what does this gain for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Teplin
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The way I read this rule is like this:

Person A says "I believe no more pillars can be removed. I wish to add a new floor."
Person B says, "Hogwash! I see a pillar right there that can be removed."
Person A says, "Remove that pillar!"
Person B removes that pillar and places it on top of the structure successfully.
Person A: "Curses!"
Person B then gets to pick ANY pillar and remove it from the game. Presumably, they will remove a Person A pillar.

OR

Person A says, "Remove that pillar!"
Person B attempts to remove that pillar, but soon realizes the folly of their ways, and concedes that Person A was right all along, no more pillars can be removed.
Person A: "You were a FOOL to doubt me!"
Person A then gets to pick ANY pillar and remove it from the game. Presumably they will remove a Person B pillar.

And yes, the cry of "Hogwash!" is mandatory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to what Frank has said, you gain from denying the other player the chance to place the next floor, which he would presumably do in a way that is most advantageous to him - and thus less advantageous to you.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you both say makes much sense, but all four of the English translations on BGG say "The first player to raise an objection must now remove a column of his choice, and place it on to the uppermost floor. If he succeeds, this column is removed from the game."

'This column'. Not any column.

Also after the column (whichever it might be) is removed, who places the floor? Does the person who suggested placing a floor miss a go?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played for the first time, and I can't believe that such a simple game can be so confusing rules-wise, especially in this area.

So the person who objects and wins can remove any pillar, yes, not just the pillar he moved to win the objection? And I ak this because a situation arose where my cousin wished to place a new floor, but there was obviously a pillar of mine that could be moved. Forcing me, I suppose, to agree to the new floor (placed HIS way) or move my own pillar up, and having it removed from the game! That doesn't sound right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.