GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,525 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
119 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Runebound: Sands of Al-Kalim» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: SAK PBF3 - [Discussion] Lost in the Desert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Players:

Pace:
* Normal

Player cards:
* All
* Draw 3, keep one. If you don't like any of those discard all of them, draw one, keep it.
* Hugo reduces to a minimum of 1, the gnome can only change 1 item per turn.

Market Decks:
* All small box.

Main Variant:
* Sands of Al-Kalim

Pertinent Links/Information:
* Basic House Rules will be in effect.
* Script commands can be found here.
* Runebound rules can be found here.
* SAK rules can be found here
* Game thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1000681/sak-pbf3-lost-in-the...

Please post here if you wish to join this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
War.... War never changes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: SAK PBF3 - Lost in the Desert
I will play. I'll go over the Sands rules tonight. I doubt there will be much difficulty learning the variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: SAK PBF3 - Lost in the Desert
I'll play if you'll have me. I've done sands twice now in pbf plus some at home as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
I will play. I'll go over the Sands rules tonight. I doubt there will be much difficulty learning the variant.
It has quite a bit of new components, but they're all relatively simple to understand. If you have questions, just ask. I've played this several times, including two PBF.

mil05006 wrote:
I'll play if you'll have me. I've done sands twice now in pbf plus some at home as well...
/sigh, I guess. Just kidding. You're always more than welcome.

Just need 1 more. I'll probably make the game tonight or early tomorrow, since I have class tonight. Hopefully we'll have a 4th by then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tempting, very tempting... I have only 1 game running and it's pretty slow lately, but I can't get new games due to time constraints :<

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mishugashu wrote:
brunoreturns wrote:
It has quite a bit of new components, but they're all relatively simple to understand. If you have questions, just ask. I've played this several times, including two PBF.

mil05006 wrote:

Just need 1 more. I'll probably make the game tonight or early tomorrow, since I have class tonight. Hopefully we'll have a 4th by then.

If Milo is in this game I have to play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
mishugashu wrote:
brunoreturns wrote:

mil05006 wrote:

Oh what? Is this still a grudge match over the thief lizard like 10 games ago? Cause if so.... RAGE ON! devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Game thread is up: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1000681/sak-pbf3-lost-in-the...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:
clip611 wrote:
mishugashu wrote:
brunoreturns wrote:

mil05006 wrote:

Oh what? Is this still a grudge match over the thief lizard like 10 games ago? Cause if so.... RAGE ON! devil

No, I wanted that lizard to die...

I made you drown when I took out that land branch...

But I have never made you choke on a sand storm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
mil05006 wrote:
clip611 wrote:
mishugashu wrote:
brunoreturns wrote:

mil05006 wrote:

No, I wanted that lizard to die...

I made you drown when I took out that land branch...

But I have never made you choke on a sand storm...

Well that happened last game I played in Sands thanks to Carey to we can leave that one alone. It followed me around. Awesome!

And I guess I did win the lizard game and got to watch you get trounced by the Frozen Wastes guy so that was pretty funny....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But since that damn Gnome turned up again I may have to focus all the sand storms on her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
But since that damn Gnome turned up again I may have to focus all the sand storms on her.

Whoa... what expansion is the Gnome from? And Hugo as well? I might as well go do a red and permadeath myself right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also there is a definite reason I'm using Kael in the WORST CHARACTER EVER GAME!

It's because he STINKS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
And you're up whenever you get a feel of what's going on, Jeremy. Make sure to declare night or day before you roll your dice. (I think it's technically during refresh step?) That's the most frequent mistake I see in this variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mishugashu wrote:
And you're up whenever you get a feel of what's going on, Jeremy. Make sure to declare night or day before you roll your dice. (I think it's technically during refresh step?) That's the most frequent mistake I see in this variant.

Is it worth it to assume that if someone forgets to declare day or night before rolling that it should default to night for them?

Any thoughts about a house rule to say if you start your turn in town and move during the day there is no fatigue lost, unless you roll mirages? Just seems odd that being in a nice protected town that may be right against lowlands and you lose fatigue if you set out from the town -- I guess you forget to have a drink of water...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Is it worth it to assume that if someone forgets to declare day or night before rolling that it should default to night for them?

I'm okay with that. Use to define your "default".

clip611 wrote:
Any thoughts about a house rule to say if you start your turn in town and move during the day there is no fatigue lost, unless you roll mirages? Just seems odd that being in a nice protected town that may be right against lowlands and you lose fatigue if you set out from the town -- I guess you forget to have a drink of water...
You can buy water. 1 gold for a waterskin to counter the fatigue. Lowlands, water is free. City, water is not. So... no, I don't like the thought of this house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read through the rules, and there is a lot to take in, but I think I can manage. I don't see a description of where the characters start on the game board though (and didn't see and avatars when we were setting up - maybe they are there now?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mishugashu wrote:
clip611 wrote:

I'm okay with that. Use to define your "default".

clip611 wrote:
You can buy water. 1 gold for a waterskin to counter the fatigue. Lowlands, water is free. City, water is not. So... no, I don't like the thought of this house rule.

I agree with this I just think it would be interesting if we could add stealing as a part of this variant. I'm taking your water for free! Try and stop me! And draw from a city guard deck or something like that....

Anyways, I digress.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:
Going to trader's fort! Also, unless I state otherwise, default movement is at NIGHT!

Please use player note. Some of us may have horrible memory. Or maybe just me.

Also, I think some of us may have horrible memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case it helps anyone, here's my Pastebin for this game: http://pastebin.com/cihwS9CP

You can make your own and use this as a template. It helps me out a lot, also makes it easy to make combat pretty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mishugashu wrote:
mil05006 wrote:
Going to trader's fort! Also, unless I state otherwise, default movement is at NIGHT!

It is just you...

Do you remember when you agreed to ban Gnomes from all your games and that we don't lose fatigue when starting in a city?

You also agreed to allow Milo to steal water...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
mishugashu wrote:
mil05006 wrote:

It is just you...

Do you remember when you agreed to ban Gnomes from all your games and that we don't lose fatigue when starting in a city?

You also agreed to allow Milo to steal water...

No no your memory is wrong too!

He said that I ALREADY WON and we're done with the game....

Also, as a side note, did we fix the player note so it can hold more than like 10 words or whatever? I know last time we played that was a problem because we had to keep our quest limit there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Where is that Gnome?!?!

All of this animosity about a simple, honest businesswoman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Player note is a new thing, actually, all together. The old player note is now "player tag", which is what you'll be using to keep track of your current story counter or whatever it's called.

Examples:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mishugashu wrote:
Player note is a new thing, actually, all together. The old player note is now "player tag", which is what you'll be using to keep track of your current story counter or whatever it's called.

Examples:

Ah well thanks for that informative and useful info!

I had no idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.