GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,448 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] NBN: The World Is Yours*: "The Primal Forces of Nature" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting to build this deck for nigh on months. Ever since Project Beale got spoiled, I knew I wanted to construct a Psycho Beale deck. I ran proxies, I kept tweaking, as more cards got spoiled I changed designs...

Then Midseason Replacements and The World Is Yours* were part of Future Proof.

After a few false starts with big ice, I ripped everything out and went back to square one.

Identity:
NBN: The World Is Yours* (Future Proof)

Total Cards: (40)
Agenda (9)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core #81)
3x Corporate War (Future Proof #120)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof #115)

Asset (8)
2x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus #55)
2x Melange Mining Corp (Core #108)
2x PAD Campaign (Core #109)
2x Snare! (Core #70) ■■

ICE (13)
3x Data Raven (Core #88)
2x Enigma (Core #111)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus #56)
3x Ice Wall (Core #103) ■
2x Neural Katana (Core #77) ■■

Operation (6)
2x Closed Accounts (Core #84)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof #116)
2x Psychographics (Core #85)

Upgrade (4)
2x Bernice Mai (Humanity's Shadow #97)
2x SanSan City Grid (Core #92)

This is not a deck for 7-0 wins, obviously. When your big combo card requires an agenda be stolen...(Though it can happen, through Astroscripts and two-point Beales.)

This is NBN Big Money. Keep yourself rich. (I often hit over 20 credits with this deck, which to anybody but Weyland is a lot of cash on hand.) Melange will help with that (and the +1 hand size helps with that), and I happen to love running PAD Campaign and Marked Accounts without ice. They're just too expensive for the runner to trash. Plus, Corporate War can be a nice cash boost. It's hard to one-turn that without both an Astroscript and a SanSan, but if you ice it reasonably well, you can probably get away with it--and remember, with Midseason, running agendas is a dangerous game. (Especially if one's tag protection is New Angeles City Hall.)

Keep runners poor if you can--if they float tags, make it hurt with Closed Accounts and resource trashing. If they don't, they'll be working hard to avoid tags. They'll run scared of Scorched Earth even though you don't run it, so let them scurry about with Plascrete Carapaces.

And use the 6-card hand. That makes it easier to get the Midseason and Psychographics and Beale all in your hand together, and makes it harder for the runner to steal an agenda (especially if it's one card in six). Patience is the key, then strike when the chance comes up.

You may notice a lack of big ice, such as Tollbooth or Flare. That's because by the mid-to-late game, you don't really want the runner to stay out. You want the runner to steal an agenda so you can go for the Midseason Replacements.

This deck takes the asymmetry to a great place: the runner needs four agendas to win (or three and a Notoriety, but still), but with Beale, you might only need three.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with SanSan-ing a Project Beale for a fast two points, either.

The worst times I've had with this deck have been due to shuffling. For example, at Regionals NYC, in one game, my starting HQ post-mulligan was 3 Pop-Up Windows and an agenda (and something else I forget)...and, as it turned out, the top three cards of R&D were agendas. The Runner got a 6-0 lead on turn 1 and I was dead. (And disheartened.)

It's not a perfect deck, see the previous paragraph, but I'm so fond of it. I still may tweak it, swap in new ice and the like, but the basics are finally there.

And yes, the name, in honor of Project Beale, is from the Network speech.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Corporate War! Interesting. I've been tinkering with a very similar deck, but I've been using Private Security Force. So far, though, the PSF lock has only won me a single game. The extra money from Corporate War might be really helpful. I'll have to try that.

How has Bernice Mai been for you? I'll admit that I've dropped her from my version for now. She just hadn't been doing enough compared to Midseason Replacements, Data Raven, and Shadow.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Corporate War! Interesting. I've been tinkering with a very similar deck, but I've been using Private Security Force. So far, though, the PSF lock has only won me a single game. The extra money from Corporate War might be really helpful. I'll have to try that.

How has Bernice Mai been for you? I'll admit that I've dropped her from my version for now. She just hadn't been doing enough compared to Midseason Replacements, Data Raven, and Shadow.


Bernice is a borderline for me, I admit. I love dropping her first-turn in an empty remote (a lesser man would make a joke about "naked Bernice" here, but I shall resist mightily), because it can be a quick credit drain (three to trash her, two for the tag, or else often five to beat the trace...), and it does play a bit into a never-advance style shell game (one ice, two items in the server: SanSan and an agenda? Or Bernice and a Snare!?).

But we'll see. I may drop her for something like Shadow.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifantasy wrote:
kurthl33t wrote:
Corporate War! Interesting. I've been tinkering with a very similar deck, but I've been using Private Security Force. So far, though, the PSF lock has only won me a single game. The extra money from Corporate War might be really helpful. I'll have to try that.

How has Bernice Mai been for you? I'll admit that I've dropped her from my version for now. She just hadn't been doing enough compared to Midseason Replacements, Data Raven, and Shadow.


Bernice is a borderline for me, I admit. I love dropping her first-turn in an empty remote (a lesser man would make a joke about "naked Bernice" here, but I shall resist mightily), because it can be a quick credit drain (three to trash her, two for the tag, or else often five to beat the trace...), and it does play a bit into a never-advance style shell game (one ice, two items in the server: SanSan and an agenda? Or Bernice and a Snare!?).

But we'll see. I may drop her for something like Shadow.


Bernice is a credit drain and a tag generator - for example, a simple server with a Data Raven and Bernice in - you drop anything in there, and the runner has to worry whether it's a san san, astroscript or whatever. At worst they don't run, and you get to score it, or use it, at best they run it and it's useless and untrashable and you get 2 tags + a tag counter on raven. It's beautiful. Remember to hold Psychographics

Just yesterday I managed this: Naked Breaking News, Raven + Bernice + Beale on the table, Raven has 2 tokens, runner already has 3 tags. Runner was too paranoid to run the Beale I dropped 2 turns ago because I wasn't doing anything there.

Score Breaking news, Give 2 tags, Psycho Beale FTW
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
scifantasy wrote:


The worst times I've had with this deck have been due to shuffling. For example, at Regionals NYC, in one game, my starting HQ post-mulligan was 3 Pop-Up Windows and an agenda (and something else I forget)...and, as it turned out, the top three cards of R&D were agendas. The Runner got a 6-0 lead on turn 1 and I was dead. (And disheartened.)


Man - I still feel bad about this. Hopefully I'll see you at the July tournament and you can have your revenge.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mb
As long as we have to have these crap bulky crap sleeves, and its nigh impossible to do a proper riffle, shuffling will always be a curse.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.