Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Theseus: The Dark Orbit» Forums » General

Subject: Let me be the first to say it... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Papillon fanMicrobadge: Path of Light and Shadow fanMicrobadge: Mezo fanMicrobadge: Path of Light and Shadow fanMicrobadge: Western Legends fan
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying that the game will be shit?


39 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Peter
Austria
Hohenems
Vorarlberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
uuhh...


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
Are you saying that the game will be shit?




I hope not. Probably the game cover share some similarities or both names rhyme.

EDITED: Added quote
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignacy Trzewiczek
Poland
Gliwice
Slask
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it was not intentional but you are right, this cover and this screen shares some similarities.

Luckily, board game is damn good in spite of...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
Avatar
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
Prometheseus?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian A
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
May I take your trident, sir?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
Are you saying that the game will be shit?
Hey now, I really like the movie!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Davis
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bigthos wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
Are you saying that the game will be shit?
Hey now, I really like the movie!
As you should. Prometheus was great. Nice to see a sci-fi movie with ambition instead of another Transformers.
The same people that didn't like Prometheus probably didn't like Cloud Atlas either.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You are talking about this movie? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBaKqOMGPWc

I guess ambitious jives with my review of it - incredibly disappointing, lame plot with terrible payoff.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gets better every time I watch it. Also, watching the deleted scenes helps explain some of the character's more...questionable decisions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
RhodesN7 wrote:
Gets better every time I watch it. Also, watching the deleted scenes helps explain some of the character's more...questionable decisions.
I.e. secretly they were all idiots acting nonsensically & hallucinating, due to having large parts of their brains removed, which is only revealed in the director's cut?
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryansdavis wrote:
bigthos wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
Are you saying that the game will be shit?
Hey now, I really like the movie!
As you should. Prometheus was great. Nice to see a sci-fi movie with ambition instead of another Transformers.
The same people that didn't like Prometheus probably didn't like Cloud Atlas either.
I loved Prometheus (and Cloud Atlas), but I can't argue with Honest Reviews or the people that were disappointed, as I totally get their reasons. The one thing that I really can't understand is the payoff complaint. What did you guys want, a homecoming parade, medals or a wedding?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryansdavis wrote:
bigthos wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
Are you saying that the game will be shit?
Hey now, I really like the movie!
As you should. Prometheus was great. Nice to see a sci-fi movie with ambition instead of another Transformers.
The same people that didn't like Prometheus probably didn't like Cloud Atlas either.
No, Prometheus wasn't great. No, I don't like Transformers. And I loved Cloud Atlas.

Defenders of Prometheus seem to think that everyone who didn't like its lame ass must love Transformers and its ilk, thereby implying we just didn't 'get' the film and are worthy of contempt. Another falsehood. Not true. All the people I know that hated Prometheus, love awesome sci-fi and mostly dug Cloud Atlas. We just did not like what Prometheus was shoveling.


25 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's just say the box art looks like the trailer for Prometheus. Everyone liked the trailer.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boofus wrote:
The one thing that I really can't understand is the payoff complaint. What did you guys want, a homecoming parade, medals or a wedding?
The first part of the film was about seeking answers to mysteries.

The answers were dumb.
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I have read, the original screenplay of that movie was much, much better. Then the producers decided that they could make more money if it was a reboot of the franchise rather than a direct prequel, so they hired another screenwriter (Lindelof) to remove anything that tied the film directly to Alien. It was at that point that things started to go wrong.

As I always say: if a movie sucks, blame the producers.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
Avatar
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
kittenhoarder wrote:
they hired another screenwriter (Lindelof) to remove anything that tied the film directly to Alien.
It was mainly the bits that tied the film to Alien that didn't work. If it had been independent entirely of the Alien franchise it might have been a lot more interesting.

Either way, I still enjoyed it because a) it looked so pretty, and b) there probably won't ever be enough of that kind of big budget sci-fi around for my liking. I'll be first in line for Pacific Rim...


EDIT - so what's this game like?? whistle
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
Boofus wrote:
The one thing that I really can't understand is the payoff complaint. What did you guys want, a homecoming parade, medals or a wedding?
The first part of the film was about seeking answers to mysteries.

The answers were dumb.
I thought that the first part of the film was about humanity's pettiness, selfishness and folly.

And the second part was also about that, plus giant squids and malevolent aliens.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooting the messenger is so last century. Today's messengers are kicked into a well.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Prometheus was terrible, there is no way getting around it. It was horribly written. It's masquerading as being "deep." It isn't. The basic plot is horribly written, full of terrible characterizations and miserable plot contrivances.

Want an example? A female executive of the Weyland Corporation brings aboard a surgical pod for her personal use -- one of the most advanced technological achievements of man, it's made out to be.

Later in the film, the female protagonist has problems with the unit because it wasn't programmed with female anatomical information. O_o

Are you kidding me? What, you have to buy a separate program for women and the female purchaser decided it wasn't worth it? Really?

http://www.thelondonfilmreview.com/home/articles/82-problems...

This game, however, sounds nothing like that. I love asymmetrical gameplay, so I'm hoping it's something along those lines.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
Avatar
Microbadge: 1066, Tears to Many Mothers fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Gloom of Kilforth: A Fantasy Quest Game fanMicrobadge: 1565, St. Elmo's Pay fanMicrobadge: Lifeform fan
jayntampa wrote:
Want an example? A female executive of the Weyland Corporation brings aboard a surgical pod for her personal use -- one of the most advanced technological achievements of man, it's made out to be.

Later in the film, the female protagonist has problems with the unit because it wasn't programmed with female anatomical information. O_o

Are you kidding me? What, you have to buy a separate program for women and the female purchaser decided it wasn't worth it? Really?
It was for the medical needs of the male and very senior Weyland, who needs it more than the synthetic female executive. Next!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rollo Tomosi
United States
San Juan Capistrano
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does all of this digression into how bad a film "Prometheus" was mean that the game really is shit?


ninjadorg wrote:
jayntampa wrote:
Want an example? A female executive of the Weyland Corporation brings aboard a surgical pod for her personal use -- one of the most advanced technological achievements of man, it's made out to be.

Later in the film, the female protagonist has problems with the unit because it wasn't programmed with female anatomical information. O_o

Are you kidding me? What, you have to buy a separate program for women and the female purchaser decided it wasn't worth it? Really?
It was for the medical needs of the male and very senior Weyland, who needs it more than the synthetic female executive. Next! :D
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sam newman

doncaster
south yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i agree that prometheus was a well directed movie, but the story had alot of holes and weird character choices that prevented it from ever being considered 1 of scott's best movies.

the captain spotting life on the scans down inside the structure with the 2 scientists then being like bah must have been a glitch, im pretty sure a captain would be more concerned than that.

or when she tells him at the end, they might be headed to earth. they instantly decide their own lifes are worth risking and kamikaze into the alien ship.


the pod only have software for men as if women dont serve on military vessels or in the marines. Which we know they do and the fact that they would actually separate male and female software in the first place.


the whole cutting out of the alien scene was rather bad imo as well.



then the 2 scientists, decide they arent going into that room its completely freaked them out instead they will wander till they get lost then actually go inside the room and make camp for the night.


also the biologist being the one to coax the strange alien snake.




3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Papillon fanMicrobadge: Path of Light and Shadow fanMicrobadge: Mezo fanMicrobadge: Path of Light and Shadow fanMicrobadge: Western Legends fan
My fav bad moment was the berserker mohawk geologist who randomly appears and goes 80's slasher movie out of nowhere.

I hold the Alien franchise to a high standard; this, whether it was or wasn't a part of that franchise, was like is Sophia Copolla wrote a sci-fi movie with Michael Bay.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
TRChance wrote:
this, whether it was or wasn't a part of that franchise, was like is Sophia Copolla wrote a sci-fi movie with Michael Bay.
Hey, don't be bashing the creator of Lost in Translation!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |