9 Posts

BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Press Releases

Subject: Calling all Board Game Lovers! Outwit your opponents with Grouper! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mindgrub Gamer
msg tools
Hello everyone,

We are Mindgrub Games, a subdivision of Mindgrub, which is a technology innovation agency located in Baltimore, Maryland.

We have created a fun, multi-player board game called Grouper. The objective of the game is to have the fewest groups of tiles on the board. It’s perfect for family game night or for waiting to be seated at a restaurant with a group of friends.

We know you all are die hard board game lovers and would love to hear your feedback on our game! It's available on both iOS and Android platforms.

Check us out on Twitter and Facebook to stay up to date with our latest games!

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
How similar is this to Blockers!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
Microbadge: I am a Live Action Spam HunterMicrobadge: It's not over 'til it's overMicrobadge: Thumbs up says 'I Love You' in that icky BGG kinda way.Microbadge: Chaotic GoodMicrobadge: I love Europe
Moved from Computer Based Board Gaming to Press Releases

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - full heart containerMicrobadge: The Legend of Zelda fan - half-full heart containerMicrobadge: Rush fan
A link would be helpful. We're all capable of searching, of course, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindgrub Gamer
msg tools
It's very similar to Blockers, but with two different rules sets you can choose from. You can read more about it at www.groupergame.com We have a free version and a paid version and it's available on iOS and Android.

You can also check out the other games we've developed at www.mindgrubgames.com

We're curious to hear what you all think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
MindgrubGam3r wrote:
We're curious to hear what you all think!
Honestly?

The first thing I thought was "this guy has a Newuser banner, so he can't have much knowledge in gaming ..."

The second thing I thought was "bah, it's an abstract ..."

However, I might not be your target group
Good luck with your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
MindgrubGam3r wrote:
It's very similar to Blockers, but with two different rules sets you can choose from. You can read more about it at www.groupergame.com
I couldn't find anything on that link that described how similar / different it was to Blockers, nor anything that mentioned two different sets of rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindgrub Gamer
msg tools
Similar to Blockers, you want to place tiles to make groups; the less groups the better. You can steal tiles, but how stealing affects your score is determined by our two rule sets. See the screenshot for more information, or download the game (there is a free version!) for a full explanation of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Yates
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's nothing original here. You have the choice to play using the original Uptown rules, or by the Blockers rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls