Subject: Question on art sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Tournament decks require 60 cards, correct? FFG's art sleeves only come 50 to a pack. Is there something I'm missing, or is this just a blatant grab for money from FFG? I realize that they aren't THAT expensive, but having to buy 100 sleeves for a 60 card deck is a bit extreme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
50 sleeves in a pack is pretty much a standard size pack, regardless of the manufacturer. Even my beloved Dragon Shields, which are either 50 or 100 count.

Edit:

You will split sleeves over time any way, so at least you'll have some replacements.

Not all of the LCG's require a 60 card deck. AGoT might be the only one.

You'll likely want an additional 7 for your plot deck as well, so there's 67 of the 100 you'll buy used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply.

Are the sleeves easy to switch cards in and out of? I will probably end up buying 2 packs for every house eventually, but I'm not prepared to spend that much ATM. If I buy enough for two houses in the short term I'd like to be able to reuse them for different decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I use FF sleeves, as well as Dragon Shields. I deck build regularly and I never have any issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I wasn't aware that they made 100 sleeve packs. Also, I did a search on AGOTCards and couldn't find an agenda by that name. If you're making a joke, I'm not clever or knowledgeable enough about the game to understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm King
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
http://waboardgamers.org.au/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ubercat wrote:
I wasn't aware that they made 100 sleeve packs. Also, I did a search on AGOTCards and couldn't find an agenda by that name. If you're making a joke, I'm not clever or knowledgeable enough about the game to understand it.

FFG don't make 100 packs but there are other manufacturers that do. The agenda is called The Long Voyage which makes your deck size an 85 minimum and when sleeved it's a bitch to fit into an Ultra Pro deckbox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
I feel your pain. I too had to order 2 packs of 50 sleeves each, just for my favourite House for now. I made my peace with it by realizing that yes, sleeves will need to be replaced, so 40 of them will be on standby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Chis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
It also helps that an AGoT deck is like 68 or 69 cards usually. So it's not like you could even buy a 60 sleeve pack and have enough.

60 card deck
7 plot card deck
1 house card
1 - 3 agendas

Then there's TLV, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.