Adam P. McIver
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate to be a naysayer, but this project looks far too similar to Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game by Brotherwise Games, which had an extremely successful Kickstarter campaign this last November.

I'm not saying this game is a ripoff; it very well could have been in development at the same time. I don't have an in-depth knowledge of the gameplay, but the theme and artwork are so alike that I think the average person might not even notice the difference. The $3500 "Card Redesign" stretch goal makes the cards look even more like Boss Monster.

Seems unfortunate. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Runyan
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same initial reaction. However, it sounds like a coincidence. And the game does not play the same way. It is unfortunate, though, that the prior release of Boss Monster, its success, the similar name, and the similar art style cast this project in a negative light.

Really, it just looks like he wanted to make a simple cheap game with a low print run (his goal is very modest).

It is unfortunate that human nature (including my own) is to react negatively instead of giving the benefit of the doubt. But then again, I have also seen some KS projects that were just money making schemes. However, I believe that this is not one.

Furthermore, I think this being a no-name first time creator is also working against him, which isn't fair.

Did anyone harp on Thunderstone for basically copying Dominion? Because those two games are more similar to each other than this one is to Boss Monster, IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls