Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Hi!

I'm sure that it is all explained somewhere here on the forums, I apologize for making a new thread but I got tired looking for the information. In many places I read that there was something bad with the rulebook and the compas on the map. I would be grateful if someone directed me to the thread where I can read about all the errors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit of a misnomer as the problems are not really game breaking in my opinion.

The compass on the board is flipped so that East is West and West is East (North and South are correct). It doesn't really effect much if you just follow the directions on the cards. The compass is only used in 3 or 4 cards.

The word "Autopsy" is misspelled on the evidence collection board as "Autoposy."

The rulebook is not laid out very well as printed. The initial setup page is a mess. That has since been corrected with an updated version posted here on BGG (with a video from the designer as well).

It says "player cards" on one of the character sheets instead of "police cards." I think there may be an event card with this affliction too.

I think that covers everything.

If you remotely like co-op games, especially those with a traitor element, this is the top of the mark for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks a lot! We played two games so far, discovered and dealed with most of the problems you mentioned so they can't be game breaking

Changing the subject a quick question: is playing with 2 and 3 players with the basic rules (no difficulty changes) really easy to win? We had no problems, there was not even a chance that we loseeither one of those games. That made me thinking if we are playing correctly or not as usually the first play of a co-op is a horrible lose If it is easy, which changes would you suggest to make?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played one solo game so far, and I found the murderer before he even made it to the board. That's about all I can offer regarding that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure. I've played about a dozen times with 4 - 6 people. I don't know an exact stat, but it's very close to 50% win / loss for me. I've always played with a possible traitor or definite traitor in the game. The last game we played with 5 was a blow-out win (nearly pulling off the flawless victory by filling the board before the murder came out.) The event cards were very kind to us in general. I've had a 5 player game where we were completely annihilated as well and didn't even have half of the evidence board filled when the murder was around Hood 5 and the Crime Track hit Fail.
If you find it too easy then reducing the number of punks in the game is one quick way. There's suggestions in the rulebook for adjusting difficulty. I find that starting the turn marker a space up / down can help adjust things quite a bit too. I tend to do that based on the group that is playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos De la Torre
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im played 6 times in normal mode:

1 Loss (The first game)
5 Victories

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other printing error...

Detective Pierce or Pearce? It's spelled one way on his card, the other on his car, lol.

As far as ease of play, I've played it twice with experienced co-op gamers, and am 1 win, 1 loss. Neither play used dirty cops.

The first was a loss by one turn. We started the game with two extra turns to decrease difficulty. The crime track hit fail with the murderer in hood 4. Next player was me, start player, murderer would have moved to hood 3 with no punks, and I would have arrested him easily (rolled for it to see). So lost by one player turn.

Second game, we only added one turn to decrease difficulty, and we arrested the murderer in hood 4. The crime track was on the last space prior to fail, and the player who made the arrest would have drawn the last event card in the deck, thus causing the crime rate to escalate to fail.

Seeing as how both play-throughs have been done with 1-2 extra turns to make it easier, I have to wonder how the game can be won with a dirty cop?!?!?!

Either we're playing it wrong, or some of you who are finding it too easy are. Or we are just super unlucky in drawing event cards which push the crime rate up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow4ce wrote:

Detective Pierce or Pearce? It's spelled one way on his card, the other on his car, lol.

Ah, yeah, forgot about that one mainly because I've never used the cardboard cars and always had Hot Wheels for the cars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbriel wrote:
Shadow4ce wrote:

Ah, yeah, forgot about that one mainly because I've never used the cardboard cars and always had Hot Wheels for the cars.

Oh, Snap! (always wanted to say that at an appropriate time - probably missed it by a year or so, lol). You just gave me an idea. Micromachines!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Wallop !
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard Hot Wheels / Matchbox scale (1:64) cars fit ok but are a tad too big. HO (1:87) scale would be even better but I didn't have those as a kid.

I also have these for donut replacements:

http://www.etsy.com/search?q=Donut+Colored+Sprinkler

(NOTE: I'm not the seller of those on Etsy nor am I affiliated with them. I requested some of the mixed colors without the little eyelets and they are PERFECT for this game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazyn wrote:
is playing with 2 and 3 players with the basic rules (no difficulty changes) really easy to win? We had no problems, there was not even a chance that we loseeither one of those games.

I found that playing with 2 players is pretty easy - largely because of the support car. So if you're finding that, eliminating the support car is one easy option - it'll make events like the gas leak or the stolen car serious problems rather than inconveniences.

However, I also find that it's very easy to forget to check for duplicate colours when you're placing events, which can make the game much easier than it should be. You're getting one event per turn, which usually means one new incident to attend per turn... which means that if you're not ever seeing the urgent marker come out, you're probably either not making much progress towards the murder case or doing something wrong.

That said, one of the things I love about this game is the ease with which the difficulty can be adjusted to suit the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the input from so many of you!

I hear some old voices, and some new ones too, which is great!!!

For those who want a new challenge or a change of pace, try Super-Cops...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/970219/expansion-idea-super-...

We are getting a lot of help from Brandon on this version of the game, and in-fact I met with him today and we added a whole new section called "Grand Finale", which lists several ways to handle the arrest of The Murderer. They are all VERY challenging (and different from the base-game).

I would love to hear some feedback from you-guys on that thread too (if you have a chance).

Ole and I are planning a big Kickstarter event for later this year, and I think that Super-Cops could be a part of that.

Stay Tuned!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a sticker to cover the compass yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Joe!

Not yet.

We are working on printing that as part of a print-run which is primarily for a Booster-Pack called "Rioting Gangs".

Stay Tuned!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos De la Torre
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I need "Rioting Gangs"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Carlos!!!

Me too!!!!!

We here at CMG are getting closer and closer with regard to Rioting Gangs.

It could be very soon that we post images here.

We're working with out editors right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.