Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4224

Shows a bunch new objective and an entire Imperial Navy pod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good stuff. Looks like it's mostly combinations instead of strong single cards, so it's going to take some practice to figure out how to use these most effectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also shows entire new Jedi set.

Navy objective set will be going in to my Capital Punishment deck with Executor, Devastator, Death Squadron etc. Great set.

Jedi set has some powerful enhancements. Yoda is pleased.

Lobot looks amazing. Potentially very powerful card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toqtamish wrote:

Navy objective set will be going in to my Capital Punishment deck with Executor, Devastator, Death Squadron etc. Great set.

Isn't Lobot more of a gamble? Unless you are pretty much guaranteed the edge, he's bad news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hundreds wrote:
Toqtamish wrote:

Isn't Lobot more of a gamble? Unless you are pretty much guaranteed the edge, he's bad news.
He is a good all or nothing card. If you need to make that one last swing to hit your 3rd objective and you think you can win the Edge battle than he is golden.

Toss in a few units with Edge (x) and he becomes even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume his major playing point is that if you feel you are definitely going to win the edge, throw him in there so that your opponent (after losing the edge) has no combat icons to use.

Definitely a risk situation, but the benefit might be great. Of course, a DS player might see that coming in an engagement and simply not over commit defenders. They might assume the LS has an edge play up their sleeve. Or the LS might simply be throwing Lo Bot in to bluff their opponent into thinking that they have the edge in the bag. On second thought, I like this card. I guess I just wish I didn't foresee my friends using this card ON ME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Lawcock
msg tools
If there's enough capture mechanics in place, that sarlacc objective combined with the sarlacc enhancement looks terrifying. You can basically just build up a stockpile of free draws/resources resulting in one vicious deployment phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret Guardian seems to combo well with Ackbar, since it triggers his reaction without even putting him into the engagement. He can join in the next engagement if it's not risky, and then he can come back to the hand so that he can be played again into another engagement...

It also gives another option for Leia, although its not most effective way to use her since you have to wait until the end of the phase for her to leave play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Secret Guardian seems to combo well with Ackbar, since it triggers his reaction without even putting him into the engagement. He can join in the next engagement if it's not risky, and then he can come back to the hand so that he can be played again into another engagement...

It also gives another option for Leia, although its not most effective way to use her since you have to wait until the end of the phase for her to leave play...
I kind of thing it is insane for Leia in a Jedi Rebels deck. You do an all out deploying and attacking turn, end up fully focused out other than the one point you need play Secret Guardian. Pop her down during the Force phase and use her 3 ticks to grab the balance, than she pops (sadly getting captured) and fully refreshes your side of the table to defend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lobot might also be good for forcing your opponent into investing more into an edge battle than they might have planned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LordNat wrote:
hundreds wrote:
Toqtamish wrote:

He is a good all or nothing card. If you need to make that one last swing to hit your 3rd objective and you think you can win the Edge battle than he is golden.

Toss in a few units with Edge (x) and he becomes even better.
I think the clear intended scenario is if you lose the edge, Lando pulls him back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Anthes
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
I think the clear intended scenario is if you lose the edge, Lando pulls him back.
Agreed. The combination of the two is clearly huge, as you essentially force your opponent to commit everything to the edge battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soulcamp wrote:
The Gas wrote:
Agreed. The combination of the two is clearly huge, as you essentially force your opponent to commit everything to the edge battle.
Oh, and speaking of ejection effects, Lobot will look awfully tasty to Icetrompers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain Needa is making me salivate. Being able to play a Star Destroyer for 4 each turn? Sign me up.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Star-Wars-LCG/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markjanderson86 wrote:
Captain Needa is making me salivate. Being able to play a Star Destroyer for 4 each turn? Sign me up.

Yeah, but there's one problem - check out his objective:

Nice effect right? But what's that above it... holy crap, it's our first non-neutral "limit one" pod. And the pod just has one Needa, which means your deck just has one Needa. :-\ Really wish they'd given us a second copy of him, instead of the gimped Star Destroyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:

Nice effect right? But what's that above it... holy crap, it's our first non-neutral "limit one" pod. And the pod just has one Needa, which means your deck just has one Needa. :-\ Really wish they'd given us a second copy of him, instead of the gimped Star Destroyer.
Two copies of a unique card in a single Objective Set? Not likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karrde wrote:
The Gas wrote:

Two copies of a unique card in a single Objective Set? Not likely.
Well, Echo Base Defense, another limited pod, gives you two copies of Subzero Defenses. Technically not unique, but it might as well be - its effect is such that having two of them in play would be pointless. The only reason to put two in the pod is to improve your chance of drawing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gas wrote:
markjanderson86 wrote:

Yeah, but there's one problem - check out his objective:

As much as having two of him in the one pod would have been great for a DS player, I really think it is a balance issue. Guys like him have to be limited due to their ability to really impact the game. There is a reason this pod is limited.

I only wish we had more guys like him on the LS. I am strengthened a bit by those Force User enhancements, though. Suddenly my little Twilek Loyalist has a light saber, increased damage capacity, and targeted strike.

I am definitely going to be leaning towards a pure Force User Jedi deck when this comes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hundreds wrote:

I am strengthened a bit by those Force User enhancements, though. Suddenly my little Twilek Loyalist has a light saber, increased damage capacity, and targeted strike.
Twi'lek Loyalist is not a Force User or even Force Sensitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schwarz
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toqtamish wrote:
hundreds wrote:

I am strengthened a bit by those Force User enhancements, though. Suddenly my little Twilek Loyalist has a light saber, increased damage capacity, and targeted strike.
Yeah, that's always struck me as really weird. I mean, he looks like he should be at least Sensitive, from his flavor text... and then... no keywords.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toqtamish wrote:
hundreds wrote:

Oops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls