Hide
5 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assaulting vehicle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
muuvi pappa
msg tools
Can I assault a hex containing only a light vehicle (or two) and no squads? Do I then roll the attack against vehicles or against infantry (as in normal assaults)?

The difference comes when the assaulting squad has elite soldiers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, only restriction is no Heavy vehicles.

And then, from the rules:
"Important: Light vehicles do not contribute their armor to the defense of an assaulted hex, but they do contribute their firepower to the defender’s attack strength."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
muuvi pappa
msg tools
So let's say I have a single squad of 4 elite soldiers attacking a plain hex containing one half-track. I roll 8 dice (not 4) and the defender gets 0 armor? The defender of course gets his offensive roll of 4 dice, but most likely I'm forcing him to retreat. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clive holland
Thailand
wang nam khieo
nakhon ratchasima
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With 8 dice hitting on a 4+ you should be destroying the vehicle. As you say the Half track gets 4 attack dice hitting on 4+, with the law of averages saying he kills two of your chaps. If you do not destroy, but get more hits that the vehicle it will have to retreat as you say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hillery
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dutchy124 wrote:
With 8 dice hitting on a 4+ you should be destroying the vehicle.

Assuming the vehicle was undamaged to start with, you've "only" got a 64% chance of destroying it. But, as you say, you're virtually guaranteed to force it to retreat, and you've got an 86% chance of at least heavily damaging it. I assume that a Heavily Damaged vehicle cannot retreat and would therefore be destroyed, the same as a Disrupted squad... but I actually can't find any verification of that fact, in the rules, FAQ, or RCD! Interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.