GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: [Poll] Are you a faction loyalist? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
I'm honestly curious. Do people switch faction all the time or do you stick with one faction on each side?

Poll
Do you play two factions (one per side) almost exclusively?
Yes
No
      232 answers
Poll created by sirprim

Poll
If you answered "yes", which two factions are you loyal to?
Anarch + Haas Bioroid
Anarch + Jinteki
Anarch + NBN
Anarch + Weyland
Criminals + Haas Bioroid
Criminals + Jinteki
Criminals + NBN
Criminals + Weyland
Shaper + Haas Bioroid
Shaper + Jinteki
Shaper + NBN
Shaper + Weyland
      110 answers
Poll created by sirprim

Thanks for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not ENTIRELY certain about this. On the Runner side, I almost exclusively play Whizzard, with the occasional Andromeda game if I need a change of pace. But on the Corp side, I frequently swap between Jinteki and NBN. I have a Weyland deck that I almost never actually play, and I don't think I've ever actually put together an HB deck of my own.

I think one of the reasons for this is that I'm a company man. I like to play as Corp. So I've got a couple runner decks that I bust out when it's my turn to run, with Whizzard being my pet deck, and then I devote the rest of my time to building and testing really fun Corp decks. And since Jinteki and NBN clearly have the most fun, that's where I spend the bulk of my time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I try to keep it varied and play all factions, including different deck archetypes even among the same faction.

Typically, though, I like to play big-rig runner decks (CT or Andy usually) and big money/ICE Corp decks (shoving Melange into just about all of them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
I simply play what I find cool fun or interesting at the moment and works well dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did go from Shaper to Criminal, and I might go back, but I'm generally a factionalist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
i use to play jinteki crim, switched to anarch hb, then went back, then gave up on jinteki, now playing hb crim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to be a faction loyalist and play something like Shaper/Jinteki(or NBN), but then I am at ends with instead playing what is consistently good like Criminal/Haas-Bioroid, so I play the former on OCTGN and the latter in tournaments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Bennett
United States
Rougemont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Play. Always.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's looking like the NBN players STAY with NBN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:

As a NBN player I can say the other factions styles don't really interest me. NBN is just so flexible and interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weyland almost always, and sometimes NBN. Very rarely Haas (will probably change in Creation and Control with Director Haas) and never Jinteki.

Never Criminal. But I play Shaper and Anarch pretty evenly ... I think Shaper slightly more. Especially in C&C. And ill probably never play anything but Anarch chess after Reina Roja.

So my final answer is Weyland/Shaper.

It'd be interesting to do this poll again after Spin Cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
pusherman42 wrote:

Making News is definitely my favorite ID, but I do play others quite a bit. I'd be bored playing nothing but NBN, versatile as they are.

NBN has what I consider the top 3 agendas in the game (ASPP, Breaking News, and Beale). There's just so much you can do with those cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pusherman42 wrote:

I'm so loyal to NBN that when my brother asked me yesterday what I wanted for my bday, I told him a nice black polo shirt w/ the NBN logo embroidered on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think people that are totally loyal to a faction are missing out on HUGE portions of the game. I like playing Noise ice destruction and NBN rush the most recently...but you GOT to switch it up and know all the angles to fully explore the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Simon
Philippines
flag msg tools
Make America Great Again
badge
Proud member of the Basket of Deplorables
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say exclusively, but I do have two factions I currently really like to play with: Jinteki and Kate.

But we have more of an open relationship so they are allowing me to play with the other factions as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
i think people that are totally loyal to a faction are missing out on HUGE portions of the game. I like playing Noise ice destruction and NBN rush the most recently...but you GOT to switch it up and know all the angles to fully explore the game.

Totally agree that to fully experience the game, it would be a waste not to play the other factions. I would definitely advise anyone new to the game not to get too tied down to any one faction before trying all of them just because there is so much badassery crammed into every nook and cranny of this game.

I actually see my loyalty to NBN in a different way though; not only do I get to enjoy A:NR in its gestalt form, I get an entirely separate enjoyment out of spending hours poring over details of NBN strategy, and I think it's cool to know that if I had the time to dedicate to it, there's SIX TIMES that much content in the game for me to study if I wanted. How freakin' awesome is that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
shaper and NBN or shaper and Jinteki... but always shaper...

Loved kate, currently loving CT and will love Exile

Anyway I would love to try out Reina and I'm certainly looking for a good Whizz econ denial deck too..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
KeyForge
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:

I don't think that you are wrong. But, there is a ton of fun on being a loyalist. I just feel bored playing other factions. HB is just grinding and boring for example. Other decks just don't do what I want to. This greatly decreases my enjoyment of Netrunner.

As a loyalist, you can still broadly appreciate the game especially if you can play a variety of opponents. This is true not only for Netrunner but other games like Summoner Wars where I am almost always Cloaks and Magic as a White loyalist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Andromeda / Jinteki PE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Killough
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
54 yes answers .... 84 which two faction voters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
flamejuggler wrote:

Totally agree.

For me though, I am a loyalist out of necessity. I just don't have the time to switch decks after each play :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Gravett
United States
Savannah
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play decks counter to what my friends are playing, kinda like teching in a Magic tournament. One week I'll play my NBN tag deck, and the next a Fast Advance, to try to keep everyone on their toes. I like the surprise factor.

The exception is Kate. I'll always keep a Kate deck, no matter how much the meta favors her or not, because I think she's cool =) Kate is someone I'd want to hang out with, if she was a real person. When C&C comes out I'll probably stretch to run two Shaper decks so that Kate's always around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aolifu Yu
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I don't play a single faction per side

BUT, I am faction loyal to Jinteki.

How else will the mighty Jinteki gather knowledge and crush the runners if we are not aware of all the new bells and whistles the other corps are developing?

And only by infiltrating the other corps can we gain a true understanding of what toys to...acquire...

*picks up phone and calls Kate for modification tips
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mara
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how the most competitive combination, Criminals + Haas Bioroid, is the least favored. I feel like everyone's trying to move away from the obvious. I know I personally feel like these two are too good not to play but hope that Shaper rises to the same level as Criminal after Creation and Control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.