Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement Stack Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
Been reading up on the Stack Rules and posts, and am still a bit confused.

From the Q/A doc.
Quote:
When you 'fork' your move,..every block's movement limit is determined by the size of the largest stack with which it travels during the turn ..-- even if later the stack gets smaller due to forking or dropping off blocks.

So My Example Q, hopefully it makes sense:
I play 0 movement cards, allowing 1 movement stack on my turn.

Let's say there are 25 units in the Japanese city of Cleveland.

I need to move 9 units to the south, 3 units east, 5 units west and 1 unit north.

The way i am reading it is:

It would be a stack size of 18 that is forking off immediately, and since it started as a group of 18, every group(direction) would get be absorbing a -4 movement penalty.

A MUCH better move is to burn 2 cards so i can move as much as i want independently (this, way the stack going west would get hit with -1 penalty, the south -2, and both east and north would move just dandy)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, the three and one unit stacks have no penalty, the fiver has a -1, and the, Hey what the hell are the Japanese doing in Cleveland?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
I see. However, the nine units moving south, if they continued off 3 goes SE, 5 going SW, and 1 going SSW would each continue to have the 9Stack penalty as they all started in a group of 9 blocks.

Quote:
..the hell are the Japanese doing in Cleveland?!?!?

I put that in there just to make sure people were paying attention. There are no invasion plans to invade Cleveland or Charlotte..

Thanks for the answer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Williams
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think you have the concept. If I understand your second question, if the stack moves once with more than four blocks all of those blocks are subject to the appropriate movement penalty, but they can fork off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.