United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
Microbadge: Guildhall fanMicrobadge: Amerigo fanMicrobadge: Mistfall fanMicrobadge: Evolution fanMicrobadge: The Resistance fan
Hi all,

I'm new to this project, so haven't been following its development. Can someone please summarize what Addons are required to get the KS exclusive stuff that is related to gameplay? I'm not concerned about the art books and such.

I'm aware there are 5 cards that were unlocked that require a caption to be sent in.

Thanks for the guidance. This game looks incredible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Boss Monster fanMicrobadge: Adam Poots Games "Kingdom Death: Monster" Contest participantMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
Misterboy wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new to this project, so haven't been following its development. Can someone please summarize what Addons are required to get the KS exclusive stuff that is related to gameplay? I'm not concerned about the art books and such.

I'm aware there are 5 cards that were unlocked that require a caption to be sent in.

Thanks for the guidance. This game looks incredible.
Current Exclusive Add-ons are:
the Teaser pack (Not included in stretch)
$25 for 48 Cards - 3 for each Edition. (Alternatively a $5 PnP)

$15 Cheesecake pack - 100 Unique Artwork of Cheesecake artwork you can use to replace some cards from the original set. Purely Esthetic no new element ($5 PnP Alternate)

Send a KS email to Alexander Lim with a caption for the 5 facebook cards
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
Microbadge: Guildhall fanMicrobadge: Amerigo fanMicrobadge: Mistfall fanMicrobadge: Evolution fanMicrobadge: The Resistance fan
Thank you! I'll get the cheesecake pack. Will have to think about the Teased pack.

Edit: the Cheesecake pack isn't listed as KS exclusive on the main page. I'm not doubting you...just pointing it out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: 2015 Silver SupporterMicrobadge: Risk Legacy fan - I Opened the Do Not Open. Ever. packetMicrobadge: Iowa State UniversityMicrobadge: Wedge Antilles fan
Misterboy wrote:
Thank you! I'll get the cheesecake pack. Will have to think about the Teased pack.

Edit: the Cheesecake pack isn't listed as KS exclusive on the main page. I'm not doubting you...just pointing it out.
It's listed as the third add-on a ways down the page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
Microbadge: Guildhall fanMicrobadge: Amerigo fanMicrobadge: Mistfall fanMicrobadge: Evolution fanMicrobadge: The Resistance fan
houjix1138 wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
Thank you! I'll get the cheesecake pack. Will have to think about the Teased pack.

Edit: the Cheesecake pack isn't listed as KS exclusive on the main page. I'm not doubting you...just pointing it out.
It's listed as the third add-on a ways down the page.
Yes. But you missed the key word in my post. It is not listed as exclusive on the main page.

Do they mention elsewhere that it's exclusive?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Only the best!Microbadge: Mistborn fanMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fan
I think I get what you're asking. Gameplay-wise you'd get all the exclusives by pledging at Lion King level, sending in a caption for Definitely Not Kansas and buying the Teaser Pack (which isn't much of a teaser anymore as much as an addon, I suppose ). There's no mention of the Cheesecake Pack being exclusive (on the main page).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Boss Monster fanMicrobadge: Adam Poots Games "Kingdom Death: Monster" Contest participantMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
Eyefink wrote:
I think I get what you're asking. Gameplay-wise you'd get all the exclusives by pledging at Lion King level, sending in a caption for Definitely Not Kansas and buying the Teaser Pack (which isn't much of a teaser anymore as much as an addon, I suppose ). There's no mention of the Cheesecake Pack being exclusive.
It is mentioned in a comment and in one of the updates I believe.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Arkham Horror: The Card Game fanMicrobadge: Too Many Bones - Only the best!Microbadge: Mistborn fanMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Automa Factory fan
I stand corrected! Tried finding the update about it but failed. =]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Boss Monster fanMicrobadge: Adam Poots Games "Kingdom Death: Monster" Contest participantMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
Eyefink wrote:
I stand corrected! Tried finding the update about it but failed. =]
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682539325/fairytale-game...

Creator Alexander Lim on June 11 wrote:


@Dance Because of a large amount of backer requests, we decided to tone down some of the card's sexiness factor and instead offer it as an Add-On. One thing we didn't mention is that since the main game will be having more the more serious or dark humor tone, the Cheesecake Pack won't be offered in retail copies of the game. So it's kind of a special thing we're doing for Kickstarter Backers who requested it. It's probably not a good idea for us to post another cheesecake card, especially since the White Rabbit raised a lot of eyebrows. Instead, check out the artist's site and you can see the style we're aiming for for the Cheesecake Pack:
http://hahahayuus.deviantart.com/gallery/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wilson
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: FishingMicrobadge: All Your Base Are Belong to Us!Microbadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Lawyer
Wow, thanks for that Carlos. I wasn't aware those were KS exclusive. Pledge increased.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Enzerink
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
Avatar
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Level 01 BGG posterMicrobadge: Apple OS X user
Koey wrote:
Send a KS email to Alexander Lim with a caption for the 5 facebook cards
That isn't necessary. The fb comp was for anyone to identify the cards then everyone gets them as long as you support at Lion King or higher.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Media DesignerMicrobadge: Rules TranslatorMicrobadge: Golden Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Geek Regular
placid wrote:
Koey wrote:
Send a KS email to Alexander Lim with a caption for the 5 facebook cards
That isn't necessary. The fb comp was for anyone to identify the cards then everyone gets them as long as you support at Lion King or higher.
That is correct. But there are 2x 5 exclusive cards if I remember it right. And to get the second set you need to post a caption. It's in update #18 me thinks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: 1 Player Guild Sock Puppet of the WeekMicrobadge: Solitaire Games on Your Table - Together, we game alone...Microbadge: Dice Hate Me
snake2shake wrote:
placid wrote:
Koey wrote:
Send a KS email to Alexander Lim with a caption for the 5 facebook cards
That isn't necessary. The fb comp was for anyone to identify the cards then everyone gets them as long as you support at Lion King or higher.
That is correct. But there are 2x 5 exclusive cards if I remember it right. And to get the second set you need to post a caption. It's in update #18 me thinks.
This is a link to update#18 - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682539325/fairytale-game...

I don't see anything in the future updates that overrides this so it appears as if you need to submit a caption to get those exclusive cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cattaby McCattington
msg tools
When I asked whether or not the promo cards were the same as what were in update 18, this is the response I got:

"Yes! The 5 Kickstarter Promos and 5 Facebook Exclusives are the same as Update #18. So in total, the cards you would receive are: King Arthur, Monkey King, Beowulf, Zorro, the Headless Horseman, Mad Hatter, the Little Mermaid, Belle, The Three Musketeers, and Tinker Bell "

So it seems that just by pledging that you get all of the KS exclusives - no need to comment
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
Microbadge: Boss Monster fanMicrobadge: Adam Poots Games "Kingdom Death: Monster" Contest participantMicrobadge: 2012 Copper SupporterMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Copper Session Reporter
Cattaby wrote:
When I asked whether or not the promo cards were the same as what were in update 18, this is the response I got:

"Yes! The 5 Kickstarter Promos and 5 Facebook Exclusives are the same as Update #18. So in total, the cards you would receive are: King Arthur, Monkey King, Beowulf, Zorro, the Headless Horseman, Mad Hatter, the Little Mermaid, Belle, The Three Musketeers, and Tinker Bell "

So it seems that just by pledging that you get all of the KS exclusives - no need to comment
Note that the $65 pledge gives you the 5 KS cards.
The 5 facebook exclusives are the ones related to the Comment, unless you pledged on day 1.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Microbadge: FurryMicrobadge: I play dead CCGsMicrobadge: The League of Nonsensical Gamers fanMicrobadge: Bibliophile - because books are meant to be enjoyed not readMicrobadge: Fighting Hover Crab fan
The 'Facebook' promos really were a silly idea; having the contest to identify them was fine, but don't make everyone worry about whether they're getting them or not.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls