Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules call the initial 8 temple/treasure cards Kingdoms. So the kingdoms exist before any leaders are introduced? Do I have that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that this must be wrong. When you capture a treasure by playing a tile, you get to score points for the tile - if a treasure made a temple into a kingdom, then joining would be an external conflict instead, and you would score no points.

So just ignore the rules there. A temple, treasure or no, is not in a kingdom until a leader is in the same cluster of civilization tiles (whether directly attached to the temple or not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub,

Are you talking about the boardgame because I'm wondering about the card game rules?

-Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I always consider each column as a Kingdom.
So I believe it exists before any leader being placed.

Does it make any difference though? ... An external conflict (ie between kingdoms) occurs between columns (ie kingdoms) that have 3 or more cards below the treasure* card. The joined columns become the new kingdom.

An External Conflict could reduce a column down to just the treasure* card ... but it is still a 'kingdom'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
Does it make any difference though? ...

It does if you are trying to snap up the treasures but cannot do it so quickly if a minimum of three cards are required per kingdom before you can unite them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, I didn't read the game category carefully enough! Right, I was talking about the board game. Sorry everybody... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.