Subject: card exhaust rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfred Wong
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have one question about how to handle when card exhaust, since player can discard all six cards and drawn a new hand every 3 turn. It is possible the play deck will exhaust before game end. Can we shuffle the discard deck to form a new play deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure yes, you reshuffle the discards if the deck runs out. But there are a few cards that can cause reshuffles of discards into the deck during the game so it probably won't happen often. I haven't seen it in the games I've played so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Schachter
United States
Matthews
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

A card deck is reconstituted with all discards whenever the final card is taken from the draw deck (be sure to thoroughly shuffle those cards!).

Chuck is quite correct about both the Union and Confederate Players having cards in their respective decks which precipitate new decks being formed ("Cotton is King" for the South and "Gideon Wells" for the North). The decision of when to trigger such a controllable deck reconstitution can make for some interesting Player deliberations.

Of course there's also the "Emancipation Proclamation" deck reshuffles for both sides.

Enjoy REBEL RAIDERS ON THE HIGH SEAS!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wong
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tks for reply from both of you, I am no doubt on this point now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls