GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,606 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Battles of Westeros» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I was just wondering if there is going to be a second edition any time soon? If or When the 2nd printing becomes reality what do you think the improvements should be focus on(ex. rules, game figures, etc.)?
Thank you for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG doesn't usually change anything when reprinting games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the second edition of A Game of Thrones, they (FFG) claim that they made improvements compared to the first edition.

"In addition to featuring updated graphics and a clarified ruleset, this second edition of A Game of Thrones includes elements from the A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords expansions, including ports, garrisons, Wildling cards, and Siege engines, while introducing welcome new innovations like player screens and Tides of Battle cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think a 2nd Edition is needed.

What I think this game needs is something else... a new 2 player box like the Core Set with Greyjoy and Martell with all the updated rules and a system, could be points or could be cards like those for Skirmish Battles, that could allow some kind of Tournament playing.
The points/lists option would be better but I'd also enjoy something in the lines of "choose up to X skirmish cards" and some generics for battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a bibliophile -I'm a librarian-, I must say when we are talking about books "reprinting" is not the same than "new edition"; by extension , I think boardgames should work similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier A. Perez
Argentina
Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
CABA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KelemvorBGG wrote:
by extensión,

I read this as written, and it sounds beatiful. A really lovely piece of spanglish

I agree with Carlos, but I think a 1v1 alternative Core Set would need to feature Houses that have been known to face each other.

Maybe Greyjoy - Tyrell?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Xapi wrote:
KelemvorBGG wrote:
by extensión,

I read this as written, and it sounds beatiful. A really lovely piece of spanglish

Arggg! Accent trigger was pulled!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there would be a variant/house rules to make the game just a little less reliant on the dice. I know it all eventually comes out in the dice wash, so to speak, but I don't play that often, and have had some good strategy on my part blown apart by the other player rolling 3 blues, or three retreat banners, or whatever.

I want to be rewarded by keeping my troops stalwart, my calvary in reserve.. or whatever.

Actually this is probably just sour grapes. Sour Dice. Just ignore me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Scott
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
^The best laid plans getting screwed over by dice. I more or less have a problem with guys who are invinceable (i.e The Mountain)

Too soon for a second edition and not needed. What worries me is that there is nothing in FFG's upcoming lineup concerning BoW, No expansions for 2013 and Q1 2014. A year without expansions? Is House Baratheon possibly the last will ever see?

I agree with Carlos a few posts above. They need another two army box set. Something that is stand alone but can be played with using the Core set and expansions. Maybe Wildlings vs Nights Watch, or three armies! Add The Others/Wight Walkers and come up with an official 3+ multiplayer free-for-all ruleset. The board this time around is a winter theme with winter terrain map overlays; snow covered forests, ice patches, caves, snowy crags, etc. On the other side of the board is the Wall with Castle Black, just like the Baratheon board has Blackwater and the Red Keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Wildlings versus Night Watch! Ace. Bring on the woolly mammoths!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.