Subject: [Deck] Jinteki's Funhouse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob H.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hullo.

So I thought I'd post this deck with which I played only a few games. Not because it's good (although I've won all my games with it, but sample size is too small to make conclusions), not because it's perfect, but because it's a hell of fun to play. After banging my head against the insane boredom of HB fast advance decks, I needed a palate cleanser, and this deck was too much fun to play not to share with all of you, in the hopes of seeing you play it when you get tired of playing your "winning" decks all the time.

Sure, winning is fun (and the reason why we do things, like, any & all things), but there's real pleasure in playing a deck that might be weaker, but on which, by some funtimes twist of fate, you get a whirlpool/bullfrog combo and flatline someone on a chum/katana. It's a palate cleanser!

So, again, not the best deck, but a whole lot of fun. Comments are more than welcome, and I'd love to see what decks you play for shits and giggles, when the stakes are low.

Jinteki's Funhouse. (49 cards)

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection

Agenda (9)
3 Braintrust
3 Nisei MK II
2 Priority Requisition
1 Private Security Force

Asset (13)
2 Aggressive Secretary ••••
2 Edge of World
2 Melange Mining Corp
2 PAD Campaign
3 Snare!
2 Zaibatsu Loyalty

Upgrade (2)
2 Midori

Operation (7)
3 Hedge Fund
2 Shipment from Mirrormorph ••••
2 Sunset

Barrier (2)
2 Eli 1.0 ••

Code Gate (9)
2 Bullfrog
3 Chum
2 Enigma
2 Sensei

Sentry (5)
1 Flare •••
1 Ichi 1.0 ••
3 Neural Katana

ICE (2)
2 Whirlpool

Built with http://netrunner.meteor.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the goal is to flatline someone, why not run Fetal AI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
Agreed. There is no ICE to target with the Priority Req.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you explain how the deck works?

For example, how do you use Midori?

How has SHipment from Mirrormorph been for you, considering your relatively low ice count?

Why Priority Requisition instead of Executive Retreat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Could you explain how the deck works?

For example, how do you use Midori?

How has SHipment from Mirrormorph been for you, considering your relatively low ice count?

Why Priority Requisition instead of Executive Retreat?
Sure.

As I mentionned, this deck is really for fun. So Midori is used to confuse and make the runner always uncertain of where he is heading. Will the card he previously thought was one thing, turn out to be a katana he is unprepared for? Or a chum that reinforces an enigma beyond his capability? The point is to confuse. To create paralysis. To make the runner spend his time grabbing money to prepare for the unexpected.

Mirrormorph allows me to move horizontally: if I see imminent destruction of my HQ. Placing three cards facedown, a trap, an agenda, and an asset, (or ideally three traps, but that doesn't happen very often...) in a single turn, then advancing two of those cards, or adding ICE or what have you, simply plays into the idea of the Shell Game. This isn't a proper shell game deck, but it allows you to slap a bunch of cards down, and dare the runner to find out with, as potential consequences, some painful traps.

Why Priority Req? Honestly, because I have no idea how to properly use Executive Retreat. That's the only reason... Not a very good one, and I should, as this is a fun-time deck, try out Executive Retreat.

As for

Quote:
MavericK96 wrote:

Agreed. There is no ICE to target with the Priority Req.

Agreed, I've made those changes now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Simon
Philippines
flag msg tools
Make America Great Again
badge
Proud member of the Basket of Deplorables
mbmbmbmbmb
This doesn't look like a flatline deck.

It looks like it plays Horizontally, with one or two multi-iced remotes.

It uses shipment to play horizontally faster.

Priority Rec because the ability is optional, it you can play it like a blank 5/3 agenda.

Midori to switch ice in the middle of a run making the runner a lot more uncertain as to what he is running into.

Was my guesses close?

EDIT: ninja by the OP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midori is really powerful in some decks, but I've sadly find her most effective in HB:EtF where the extra 1C for installing the new ICE actually adds up to quite a significant benefit for using her. Stick her in a server where you had your early game Chimera/Enigma and gain 1C. When the runner runs, you gain another 1C when you swap the ice you didn't need out. This also saves on install costs which depends on how many other ICE you had, and installs the new ICE as deepest, where it is most effective (for pay-to-see and inside job protection.) if the runner than trashes her, you are still way up economically!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the most "gentle" flatline deck I've seen in a while. You're better off hitting them over the head with a sack of feathers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, he did say it was just a "for fun" deck.

It seems to be trap-based shell games with a lot of shifting ICE, for the most part. However, the Priority Requisitions don't really make sense (maybe for Flare, but...meh), and even the PSF doesn't really make sense given that there's nothing that tags. Putting in Fetal AI and/or maybe a Corporate War (if you can get Melange off) makes more sense just from a general strategy perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Simon
Philippines
flag msg tools
Make America Great Again
badge
Proud member of the Basket of Deplorables
mbmbmbmbmb
It's much harder to score 7 agenda points for the win if all your agendas are 2 pointers. At least a 5/3 agenda would look like a Fetal AI to the runner and if the runner doesn't know that the deck has no Fetal AIs he would probably avoid running it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob H.
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I do agree that there is a bunch of stuff missing, but I think Alvin saw what I was trying to do (while I was ninjaing him.) It's supposed to be a deck where the runner is confused, hesitant, thus allowing you to score unprotected agendas.

A couple things:

MavericK96 wrote:
Putting in Fetal AI and/or maybe a Corporate War (if you can get Melange off) makes more sense just from a general strategy perspective.
As I mentioned, you and others are right. My choice of agendas are dismal in the deck, and I've changed them in the newest incarnation.

ArcticSnake wrote:
It's much harder to score 7 agenda points for the win if all your agendas are 2 pointers. At least a 5/3 agenda would look like a Fetal AI to the runner and if the runner doesn't know that the deck has no Fetal AIs he would probably avoid running it.
I also find this to be true. If you've got a bunch of 2 agenda point agendas which are super expensive to score, then you're just slowing yourself down. I usually prefer to have 3/2 or 5/3 agendas, unless I absolutely need its effects i.e. breaking news & others of its ilk.

xpiredsodapop wrote:
This is the most "gentle" flatline deck I've seen in a while. You're better off hitting them over the head with a sack of feathers.
Which is, incidentally, how I've won most my games so far. Hit 'em with a sack of feathers, and then, while they look at you, bemused, from the other side of the table, score agendas. The 'ol misdirection.

Finally, as I mentioned in the original post, I'd be curious to see some of your fun-time decks. As in the decks you play with, as principal purpose, a different, experimental approach. They might not be successful decks. Just different.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticSnake wrote:
Huh. That's a good point. I may have to try that. Although I think I'd go with Executive Retreat, since it goes well with my Snares. My ICE isn't big enough for Priority Requisition to be worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls