Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Studio City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a lot of munchkin in my day. If there's any one game that I can truly say that I feel I have mastered, it is Munchkin.

Here's the thing: I love munchkin when the game is at its most-evil. At its least-forgiving. IMO, this feeling is exemplified in munchkin 1-3. Mean, mean curses. Kali. Evil bad stuff. No cheesy sidekicks to sacrifice.

Star muchkin was great. There were the cheesy sidekicks, yes, but you also had a lot of mean mobs that didn't ignore you for being level 1. Then they wussified it further with star munchkin 2. I mean *come on*, what kind of munchkin expansion doesn't even have a new level 20 monster?

Don't get me started on fu. I solo'd mechaninja (level 16) on my *second* turn.

So anyhow here's my question/concern:
Base munchkin (w/ unnatural axe and clerical errors) rules and is just brutal. But I hear the new expansion adds sidekicks, and I'm upset that it will upset the awesomeness of my munchkin deck. I need feedback from people who have bought it. Does it nerf the game? Is everyone safer? How are the new mobs? What's the new level 20? Other impressions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Castellucci
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Katrina
Level 20
Will not persue anyone of Level 5 or less.
Bad Stuff: All Items you have in play are blown away except for Big ones. Discard them.
Art is a hurricane-like creature with one big eyeball

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Glodek
United States
Hackettstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this forum is old but...

NEED FOR STEED RULES!! I MEAN, C'MON, YOU GET TO RIDE A FREAKING CHICKEN!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.