Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This came up for me the first time in my most recent game.

(Sidenote: broke the curse of the NMA! The King must have been using Morris dancers for military advisers; he got his ears boxed at almost every battle. Parliament ended up controlling every region and every EI area except for Newcastle - a grand total of 18 points!)

One of the Godly victories turned decisive in a battle in which they were the defender. So Parliment drew the two cards but..."He then completes the original activation if any MPs remain to be used... then must play or discard his victory cards."

Obviously, as defender it was not his activation, so completing it doesn't apply. Does he keep the two cards in his hand and use them before any others when it's his turn to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
England
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
This came up for me the first time in my most recent game.

(Sidenote: broke the curse of the NMA! The King must have been using Morris dancers for military advisers; he got his ears boxed at almost every battle. Parliament ended up controlling every region and every EI area except for Newcastle - a grand total of 18 points!)

One of the Godly victories turned decisive in a battle in which they were the defender. So Parliment drew the two cards but..."He then completes the original activation if any MPs remain to be used... then must play or discard his victory cards."

Obviously, as defender it was not his activation, so completing it doesn't apply. Does he keep the two cards in his hand and use them before any others when it's his turn to play?
I don't have the rules handy but as far as I can see once the current activation is complete the winner intervenes and uses his two cards. Then normal service is resumed. But don't hold me to that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Buergel
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
The full part of 10.7: "Immediately upon completing that Activation he must play or discard his ‘victory cards’. Play now returns to the normal alternating process." Key here are "immediately" and the reference to the normal alternating process. You always resolve your bonus cards outside of the normal alternating play, then pick up where you left off. So, in the case of a defender getting a Decisive Victory, they would play their two bonus cards first, and then it would become their normal turn, where they would then play one of their normal hand cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes a lot of sense - now I just need to get the Lorrainers in, just once, to round out the experience.

(and then find, to my shockhorror, that there's a maximum of five 3-Ops cards (plus a couple of minor campaign cards) that Charles of Lorraine can use to do anything for the rest of the game, other than sit in Newcastle or Bristol and enjoy the local ale...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls