GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,020 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Unhappy King Charles!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activating Leven rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know why I've never straightened this one out:

when Leven arrives, the Parliament player "immediately activates Leven for movement upon placement... Leven starts in Carlisle/Berwick... this placement is considered normal movement..."

So should I consider the appearance of Leven and his army in Carlisle/Berwick as the first MP of a full move? In other words, with 5 brigades he has 3MP, he's used 1MP to get to Carlisle/Berwick, and therefore could reach Durham (if Newcastle is empty) or Corbridge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Don't know why I've never straightened this one out:

when Leven arrives, the Parliament player "immediately activates Leven for movement upon placement... Leven starts in Carlisle/Berwick... this placement is considered normal movement..."

So should I consider the appearance of Leven and his army in Carlisle/Berwick as the first MP of a full move? In other words, with 5 brigades he has 3MP, he's used 1MP to get to Carlisle/Berwick, and therefore could reach Durham (if Newcastle is empty) or Corbridge.

It says he starts in those boxes, not that he enters them so it is a freebie. Cunning gamers often ditch a brigade to speed him up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah - so Carlisle/Berwick is, in effect, 0 MP. Your 6.5 rule re allowing intercepts/battles upon placement had me thinking he had entered from some unmarked 'area' north of the civilization line.... shake

Many thanks, m'Lord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cstimpson wrote:
Ah - so Carlisle/Berwick is, in effect, 0 MP. Your 6.5 rule re allowing intercepts/battles upon placement had me thinking he had entered from some unmarked 'area' north of the civilization line.... shake

Many thanks, m'Lord.

They took the bus in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.