Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Lucky Logan was killed during this evening's league round by an Orx guard. Are there any defined rules for a dead MVP? I suggested the deceased MVP would be gone for the rest of our season. Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bird
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I was absolutely certain that dead MVPs simply get themselves revived between rounds with no-one needing to foot the bill. They're certainly rich enough to afford it, after all, and what sane MVP would want to stay dead?

But for the life of me, I simply can't find it referenced anywhere in the rulebook. Maybe I dreamed it up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's a good question, I figure it was auto revival as well,
but maybe miss a game to recover

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
birdman37 wrote:
You know, I was absolutely certain that dead MVPs simply get themselves revived between rounds with no-one needing to foot the bill. They're certainly rich enough to afford it, after all, and what sane MVP would want to stay dead?

But for the life of me, I simply can't find it referenced anywhere in the rulebook. Maybe I dreamed it up...
I was beginning to think this makes sense as well. However, my league players are becoming Dreadball rule lawyers - if it ain't in print = arguments will occur. I'm checking Season 1, 2, and the FAQ but am coming up with nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
... so he finally ran out of luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone finds a written clarification, I'd really appreciate it. These Dreadball rulebooks are making me freakin' crazy! CRAY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Pepperell
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should be completely up to the League Sponsor, as is the availability, auction mechanic, and anything else related to the hiring of the MVPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink - I'm afraid this will be my league's default; League Sponsor decision. For the handful of people that have gratefully replied with an 'auto mechanic' heal (here and the Mantic Forums), there is no evidence of this solution in either season rule book. It's fantastically aggravating to have my league of six adult men, highly educated, looking through poorly laid out rule books for some sort of guidance on this issue. The rule books are garbage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Douglas
msg tools
I think thematic sense would dictate that these MVPs are revived. I mean there are rules for reviving your own players (each of which are less valuable to the league in terms of advertising, selling tickets, etc. than the MVPs). Surely part of the cost of hiring MVPs goes toward paying their re-life insurance policy. That's probably a portion of their minimum cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Strawn
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Your best bet is to just give all the MVP's to the robots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was absolutely certain that I'd read somewhere the the DGB offered free revival for MVPs as part of their contract but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere! I thought it might be on the Dreadball website but that redirects to the Mantic website now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
Dagamon wrote:
Your best bet is to just give all the MVP's to the robots.
You gotta know how to play your 'bots before you bring the bosses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wodzianski
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Painter - Player
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I was absolutely certain that I'd read somewhere the the DGB offered free revival for MVPs as part of their contract but I can't for the life of me find it anywhere! I thought it might be on the Dreadball website but that redirects to the Mantic website now.
From what I've been able to discern with everyone's comments, guidance to my question lies somewhere in the flavor text. I like your suggestion that it's on the dead website. That was a pretty fun site, though dropped like a rock once Mantic started their Kickstarter deliveries. Too bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the rules never state if dead means dead for MVP's, in our leagues we have said that any killed MVP is out for the season while he/she/it is regrown in the vats.

Honestly though it is up to your league president who also has the job of deciding what MVP's are available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls