Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrek McNab
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience so far, just giving you notes before I go to bed so I don't forget.

Past Experience: Bought Sherlock: Consulting Detective a few months ago, wife and I read through the first 2 cases.

I heard about AI recently, and printed out the first case, newspaper, map, address book, and rules in black and white. All readable so far. I should have printed it double sided

I skipped the rulebook (just to be different) except for the last page, assuming resources would be there like Consulting Detective.

Case 1:
My assumptions
- Armitage said Garrison's team took care of the scene of the crime... usually I go there first, but that made me decide to take a different route.

- Garrison I assumed was on the level as I trust anything Armitage says.

- No other leads other than the woman at the hospital and the park. I decided to meet the woman. I found the only 'Hospital' in the address book. Later I realized the hospital's name was in the newspaper.

Lead 1) C11 - to interrogate the woman.

My new assumptions:
- wanted to meet 'edward' at the church in the bell tower?
- instead they met in the park?
- woman was confused why edward wanted to meet there
- Edward attacked her, stabbing her? Tried to put the brown mucus in her? Something else attacked her that left a brown mucus? Sacrifice Ritual?
- Something happened that stopped or interrupted it??
- Woman came out of park injured

- Bayfriar, found it was a Church in the address book. But since the 'meeting' didn't happen there, I have no reason to go there.

Lead 2) U67 - Uptown Park

A habit of visting the scene of the crime, thought that with info from the woman would give me clues there now.

My new assumptions:

- definitely supernatural, attack definitely happened there with the blood stain. Could not find any clue as to what the 'building' could be, so didn't follow it. Went back to read the woman's case and thought her identity/edward's identity would be with Corbett.

Lead 3) D45 Corbett

My new assumptions:
- Rennie's Boarding House should at least give me the woman's name... why didn't the police, or anyone else follow this before me?

- Saw Eddie boxer in newspaper. Thought blemish might have been a black eye, but didn't see anything that lead to a connection so thought it would be unlikely. Went back to read that no physical (fist) injuries were on the woman, so ignored.

- Blouse put on afterwards? Was the woman seduced by Edward before the attack? Were they going to be naughty up at the Church Bell? Would probably be torn if it was forcefully removed.

Lead 4) Fh16 Rennie's Boarding House
Ah, that answered a lot!!

My new assumptions:

- Ah, got the names! She fell in love, wanted to change him probably, wanted to meet him, they met elsewhere, he attacked her, something went wrong, he escaped, but was still hanging around the scene of the crime until he got spotted.

- Woman meets surly guy, thinks she can change him by buying him a poetry book or 'tame' him?

- wait, the woman didn't have the book on her. Where is the book? would the book store be relevant?... best find Edward first.

Lead 5) LS26 Edward Hartwell

- A LOT of answers, and seems to fill my assumptions, with the knife and the mucus on it, etc.

That is as far as I got. If I have a eureka moment I will go straight to the answers (as Sherlock can solve things in 4-5 leads).

I may attempt 1 or 2 more leads. Bee's Diner is probably a dead end as I don't think "V" will be there since he said Sunday... i'll find out what my assumed current time will be again. Seems too obvious?

Oh well, that's my feedback so far!!

Great job so far! I saw a typo on FH16 that said "three storey" instead of "three story"?

And at Uptown Park not sure if it meant patently or 'patiently'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thanks a lot this is pretty much how I expected it to play through - I think you'll find the scoring quite forgiving for this particular investigation.

Glad you liked it so far - the progress on case 2 is still being worked on - I have made it more complicated alas it means it is more complicated to write :)

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.