United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought going from non-Retina to Retina on my IpT3 to IpT4 was huge. Now, the "extra row of icons" only seems nice, but not quite so essential as the Retina one. Has any of you with the larger Iph5/IpT5 screen found it to be more worth it? I know this a bit subjective, but I'm looking for subjective opinions.

Among my board games that may have been updated for this...
Carcassonne, Ticket To Ride Pocket, Ticket To Ride Pocket Europe, Caylus, Ascension, any Playdek game really (Food Fight, Night Fall, Summoner Wars, Fluxx), Tigris & Euphrates, Medici, Ra, Modern Art The Card game, Le Havre, Tikal.

I know Roll Through The Ages and Kingsburg are probably lost causes here.

bump this up since it always feels that Safari, general OS operations, and many apps can always be faster
Faster processor - why is it after each new model, the current one we have just lags? It's a vicious cycle Generalizations aside, this probably would be another good reason to update

I'm told the screen is not only larger, but looks nicer in quality too

Other features I don't think I care so much about...
More RAM - which helps running more apps at once, and larger apps too, mostly for the more graphically demanding games, but I do have a few of those, so the reasons do extend beyond boardgaming. Even then, some of the more "mid-level" ones could use this too

5 MP digicam - 5 MP is a huge improvement over the IpT4's 0.8 MP cam, but honestly, my Galaxy s2 does that just fine. If I upgrade to a better Samsung phone, I'll still be covered here

different colors - I do admit, this most minor feature stands out more, as it'd be easier to find it when it falls into the crack of a couch cushion, or below the seat of my car

Siri - My IpT is often NOT on wifi, so Siri will be inoperable throughout most of my weeks

ios6 - I heard some "meh" things about ios6. While I deliberately kept my IpT4 at ios5, I'll go ahead and ios6 anyways, so I'm actually neutral about this.

EDIT: upon doing more research, edits in green
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Chit Chat.

Not really sure why this thread hasn't caught on... Hopefully the Chit Chatters can chat you through it. They're my go to for technical questions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wen't from iPhone 4 to iPhone 5, and the difference is huge. The screen is much clearer, and the extra row of icons is nice. Most of the digital boardgames I play are supporting the bigger screen, which is very, very nice.

iOS 6, I have no issues with. At first it had the usual bugs, but I find them to be straightened out. The only hangup I've had is the maps app is horrible, but google maps have their own app no, which is good.

I would say, if you have the extra cash, go for it. Just remember, a new version is always on the horizon :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.