Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Introduction to Blue Moon Strategy Series

As you probably know by now if you’re reading this, I have decided to attempt to write a series of strategy articles on Blue Moon. Each article will cover strategy particular to one of the decks. Most of this strategy will focus on how to succeed while playing with the deck, but I will also spend some time on general strategy for defeating the deck. However, before you read one of these articles, I’d like to explain some things.

-My primary goal is to give helpful strategy for playing each of the decks. I am not going to cover general Blue Moon strategy. I assume you already know this. If you don’t, play a few more matches before you read the articles, and, if you still have questions, refer to other threads in this forum. Many of these discuss general strategy.

-I highly suggest you don’t simply read the article from start to finish, particularly if you are relatively new to Blue Moon. The last thing I want to do is ruin your enjoyment of the game, and discovering strategies for yourself is part of the fun. Instead, just look at a particular section or entry that will answer your question, and then try playing more games.

-I don't mention the specific properties of cards when discussing them; I assume you know them or have access to them. If you don't, I recommend you visit http://www.blue-moon-games.com/us/spiel/spielidee.html for this information.

-Here is a rundown of the sections:
·General Strategy: General strategy about playing the deck.
·Stats: Statistics to keep in mind when playing.
·Card-Specific Strategy: Exploring the intricacies of individual cards.
·Combos: Combinations of cards a player should try to utilize effectively.
·Anti-Combos: Combinations of cards representing imperfect play.
·Match Strategy: Detailed strategy against each of the other decks.
·Anti-Deck Strategy: General strategy against the article's deck.

I hope the articles are helpful to you. Please include any article-specific comments and criticism in the same thread as the article. Thank you.

Article links
Hoax: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/809737#809737
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good start!

A suggestion for those reading this series, is to keep the official web site up in an alternate window, so that you can look at any card when it is mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better yet, keep Skink's people spreadsheet open as well. Cards are grouped together by category and characters are listed in descending order, which makes it a lot easier to see what a deck is strong (or lacking) in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
AllenDoum wrote:
Good start!

A suggestion for those reading this series, is to keep the official web site up in an alternate window, so that you can look at any card when it is mentioned.

Better yet, get Firefox (or a similar browser), and open it up in a new tab.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered and should get the game at the end of the week. I'm eager to read the rest of your articles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.