Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: My twitch.tv page, full of OCTGN A:NR goodness! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
First and foremost, the link: twitch.tv/runnin_burr

(/running_bear was taken, grumblegrumblegrumble)

Hey, so I have a friend who enjoys watching, but not playing, games online, so I started streaming myself playing Netrunner to facilitate this. I decided to start making videos for a more general audience to see if there is interest in this sort of thing. There are already a few streamed games up to watch, and I fully intend to stream/record more games in the future! So, if you are bored and want to watch some Netrunner, then check it out!

Oh, and if you want to talk to me about my strategic approach to the game, notice play-mistakes or think I said something horribly wrong, feel free to say something in this thread, PM me, or any other method of contacting me that you find convenient! I'm always down for talking about this fantastic game. If people show significant interest, I may set up a twitter or some other such thing to let people know when I'm livestreaming so that they can tune in and talk about the game.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! I've added you to my bookmark list
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Cool, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Always looking for more quality Netrunner videos...thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Thoukydidis
Luxembourg
Esch-sur-Alzette
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw your HB VS Andromeda vid. I just can't believe you didn't even try to PSF lock her when she had 4 tags. A Carapace can only stop you from one turn, and then she'd have to waste her own turn and 8 credits removing tags. Just a pet peeve of mine when I see people ignore their PSF just because a carapace hit the table
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Giovannetti
United States
Woodinville / Bothell Area
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
Cool, always glad to see more streamers. You should watch your twitch comments while you play though so you can interact with viewers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
DbZer0 wrote:
Just saw your HB VS Andromeda vid. I just can't believe you didn't even try to PSF lock her when she had 4 tags. A Carapace can only stop you from one turn, and then she'd have to waste her own turn and 8 credits removing tags. Just a pet peeve of mine when I see people ignore their PSF just because a carapace hit the table


I'll have to watch the exact situation again, but I seem to recall the score was pretty tight, and I think I was worried about him just holding tags for as long as he could ignore my PSF, and just run R&D until he won, and then only remove tags if that fails. Again, maybe this is all wrong, as my memory is fuzzy, so I'll watch the vid again and get back to you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavlos Pavlopoulos
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool games! Solid plays all around.

Just an addition to db0's comment. You had 2 biotic labors (and 10+ creds) in hand with the PSF and 4 tags. That meant you could've probably flatlined him pretty easily any time he was low on creds, cause he would've needed to draw up and ditch the tags once you nuked the plascrete. Just an example of getting so caught up in "WHAT YOUR DECK HAS TO DO!!!" that you become totally blind to other options. I do it quite a bit when playing corp as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
kordan11 wrote:
Cool games! Solid plays all around.

Just an addition to db0's comment. You had 2 biotic labors (and 10+ creds) in hand with the PSF and 4 tags. That meant you could've probably flatlined him pretty easily any time he was low on creds, cause he would've needed to draw up and ditch the tags once you nuked the plascrete. Just an example of getting so caught up in "WHAT YOUR DECK HAS TO DO!!!" that you become totally blind to other options. I do it quite a bit when playing corp as well.


Wow, the thought of bioticing for a flatline hadn't even crossed my mind! Good catch; this definitely makes me think I should have gone through that plascrete!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explosive 6
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Always after more games to watch so will check the videos out later.

Was running_bare also taken? Would have also had more of a Netrunner tie in as in running without any breakers. Don't know if it is possible to change channel names...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ive jumped on the bandwagon too, but not sure Im streaming correctly in any case lol...


http://www.twitch.tv/dimsumdarren



although I can't login for some reason....very frustrating

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Explosive6 wrote:
Always after more games to watch so will check the videos out later.

Was running_bare also taken? Would have also had more of a Netrunner tie in as in running without any breakers. Don't know if it is possible to change channel names...



I actually had the pseudonym running_bear several years before Netrunner came out! I won't go into detail, but the fact that it is bear and not bare is essential to the inspiration for the name.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
was watching your stream Running_Bear, but couldn't chat...cause it says i Need to login, but when i login, it doesnt log me in haha
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
dimsumboy wrote:
was watching your stream Running_Bear, but couldn't chat...cause it says i Need to login, but when i login, it doesnt log me in haha


That's probably an issue with your twitch account, I'm guessing. They recently required everyone to reset their passwords, maybe it has something to do with that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ok i figured it out. Just needed to clear cookies and cache and now its fine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPG
Canada
Sherwood Park
Alberta
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Great streams. I like the way you talk through your thought process. It gives a lot of good strategy info.

I have to chime in on the PSF lock as well. Even if you did not follow through with it, hitting him with one turn of 3 damage (there was one turn where you took 3 creds) might have been very useful. Even if he took it all on Plascrete, it would have put him on the defensive and he would have to consider losing cards the next turn. Although random, he would have to consider the risk of losing something important. Also, being forced to remove tags can really change the tempo.

I will keep coming back for more.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just watched 1.5 videos (The Gabe vs. NBN one froze halfway through for some reason and I couldn't get it to continue) today and enjoyed them a lot.

EDIT: Just finished watching the Gabe vs. NBN...It was a week ago, so you may have learned this by now, but you were talking about using Femme against the Data Raven to bypass even if there was a Chum in front of it. Doesn't work like that...Chum still fires if you bypass the ICE after it. Just a heads-up. Great videos, keep 'em coming!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:
Yep, just watched 1.5 videos (The Gabe vs. NBN one froze halfway through for some reason and I couldn't get it to continue) today and enjoyed them a lot.

EDIT: Just finished watching the Gabe vs. NBN...It was a week ago, so you may have learned this by now, but you were talking about using Femme against the Data Raven to bypass even if there was a Chum in front of it. Doesn't work like that...Chum still fires if you bypass the ICE after it. Just a heads-up. Great videos, keep 'em coming!


Yeah, I actually went through the FAQ for another matter and came upon that ruling; it seemed to disagree with what was said in another ruling, but that was merely my deductions vs. their saying explicitly how it works, so I will definitely take note of that for next time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Braithwaite
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Grusome99 wrote:

Great streams. I like the way you talk through your thought process. It gives a lot of good strategy info.

I have to chime in on the PSF lock as well. Even if you did not follow through with it, hitting him with one turn of 3 damage (there was one turn where you took 3 creds) might have been very useful. Even if he took it all on Plascrete, it would have put him on the defensive and he would have to consider losing cards the next turn. Although random, he would have to consider the risk of losing something important. Also, being forced to remove tags can really change the tempo.

I will keep coming back for more.


Yeah, I figure explaining what I'm doing and why I'm doing it is more helpful than the viewer just trying to guess at the logic behind my moves. I think it also makes clear that you should always have a plan, and your actions should fit in accordance with that plan. Sometimes I make the mistake of running for the sake of running, and that is when I waste clicks or worse, hit snares.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.