Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be very interested in trying this.... Willing to bribe with bottles from Beer City USA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
r0cky143 wrote:
I would be very interested in trying this.... Willing to bribe with bottles from Beer City USA
I'll have my personal prototype with me at GenCon. Look for the guy with big, grumpy dice on his chest.

Rumor has it that designer Ben Rosset will be there, as well, and I imagine he'll have a copy in tow.

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rosset
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:

Rumor has it that designer Ben Rosset will be there, as well, and I imagine he'll have a copy in tow.
The rumors are true. I will indeed be at GenCon and will also have a copy with me. I'll try to setup at least a couple of demo times and publicize them ahead of time, but in general, you can probably catch me in open gaming (which I think is Hall D), at or around the Game Salute tables. The best times to check out Brew Crafters will probably be evenings and late night. Follow me on Twitter @BenRosset for updates during the show about when I'll have BrewCrafters out for demo.

Cheers,
Ben
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig McRoberts
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have time, count on me hunting you down, too. This game is exciting to me. I'm glad the evenings are good for it; my days are full, working for Greater Than Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be there, but I'd love to hear some session reports!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is FANTASTIC news! I love board games, I love beer. It's like 2 of the greatest things in life colliding. Adam & Eve, Pulled Pork & Cole Slaw, Bill & Ted.... ok... maybe not the last analogy but you get my point.

I'll follow you on twitter and I come find you guys over in Hall D. Between this and Compounded, DHMG has become a big time sink for my Gen Con experience. Looking forward to it!

Mark Thompson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anybody try this at GenCon? What are the initial thoughts? This game is very interesting to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kirk, I am sorry none of us from either podcast or people who tested this saw your question BUT here goes.

Brew Crafters is flat out a fun game.

It's not a hoot and holler fun game, it's an Agricola fun game. It's got some great decisions some GOOD brain burn and some combo making as well.

I think anyone who likes BEER, and worker placement (a La Agric but with less blocking in a good way) will really enjoy it.

I have played it 4 times now and loved it every time. And hope you will too!

Ben is a beast with testing so I bet you will see more going on at cons (such as BGG-con) and who knows I bet they even try for a live play event --- I have not heard anything that says yes to this but with all of the other DHM titles Chris has managed to do this so I bet he manages to do it again which would be fun as all hell.

Feel free to ask any Q's one of us will answer best we can!

Oh and lookie here, the Campaign is slated to start TOMORROW!!! Get your CC ready!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Groeneweg
United States
Clear Lake
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the update. I've been watching for the campaign to go up. I like beer and have grown to like worker placement, so I think this will be a good fit. I hope my slush fund has enough green in it!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls