GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,578 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Legendary: Dark City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stryfe's master strike rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Spooie Chong
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow legendary players, I have a question about Stryfe's master strike ability. It states that "Each player reveals a X-force Hero or discards a card at random." What if a master strike card appears during a player's turn, due to drawing his tactic card that says to play a wound as a master strike or look at the top 6 cards of the villain deck and play all master strikes.

So my question is, if I am to generate enough attack to draw one of those tactic cards and I do not have a X-force card, am I not affected because I don't have any cards left to randomly discard because I played them all? ooorrr?

Sorry if this was cleared earlier. THANKS! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. If you don't have cards in your hand to discard, you simply do not carry out that effect. The same goes for other situations, such as Juggernaut, who forces you to KO two heroes from your discard pile as part of his Ambush action. If you don't have any cards in your discard pile, you don't carry out the effect.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paterno
United States
Coatesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't played cards apply to that master strike? It just says discard a card at random. It does not say discard a card in hand at random. Sorry for the additional question. Just trying to clarify some of the language. I have yet to face Stryfe so just going on the info posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the FAQ in the file section of the base game. The designer has clarified that when a card says to discard a card and does not specify from where it means to do so from your hand. Cards already played are not in your hand.

Cheers,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.