3 Posts

Guildhall: Job Faire» Forums » General

Subject: Guildhall with more than 4 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kati
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: A board game a day keeps the doctor awayMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: Always room for 1 more game
Did anyone try combining the two editions of Guildhall to play with more than four players? And how did you do it? How many professions did you use, how many victory points were necessary to win the game? And how long was the playing time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Wilson
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having not played the game with more than 3, I cannot comment if an 8 player game will last any longer (although I suspect it will pretty much double the time it takes as there are going to be twice as many people taking turns), however, as per the Dice Tower's review of Job Faire, I have found that adding the extra cards into the original set does not significantly lengthen the normal game time.

Let us know if you find out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kati
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: A board game a day keeps the doctor awayMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: Always room for 1 more game
In the last weeks we played Guildhall with 5 and 6 players - each time with 8 randomly chosen professions. It worked well so far, although game time increased a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls