5 Posts

Quarriors!» Forums » General

Subject: Best expansion for 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Quarriors! mostly with my wife (she realy likes this game - especially dragons).
Which expansion should we buy to enjoy our 2players games even more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm...I was going to say Quartifacts, but I suspect that you won't get much player interaction in a 2 player game there, as one person could score normally and the other could sit their dice on a quest :S

So I'll go with some summaries to help you make a decision. (Disclaimer - I own RoTD and Quartifacts, but have played the others via tabletop societies).

Rise of the Demons - Small expansion that does NOT play well with the other ones. I find it fun because well...corrupted dice are just amusing to me, and I like the idea of corrupted creatures. I wouldn't recommend you bother with this particularly though except as an impulse purchase. If you do get it and other expansions, you can slightly fix the lack of compatibility with custom variants here on boardgamegeek where you can get corrupted versions of more creatures.

Quarmageddon - To the best of my knowledge, this is a more of the same expansion. Solid addition but no particular quirkiness or anything, I'd say it's a 3rd buy of the 4.

Quest of the Qladiator - I'm leaning towards suggesting this as first buy. In fact it'll be my next quarriors expansion when I have spare money. This one adds locking dice, that come in good and bad forms. Essentially they lock into your or an opponents ready area to provide an effect that doesn't go away until you pay or replace it with another lock. Could be perfect for 2 player as it invokes lots of player interaction, I really like it.

Quartifacts - I have this one, it's really fun as it adds a new element to the game in the form of Quests. On your turn after summoning creatures, you can choose to attack as usual or send your creatures questing for glory...and special large dice that have cool effects. I suspect it's nowhere near as fun in 2 player games as 4 player games however, and even in 4 player games can sometimes get ignored. I can't say much about the spells because I somehow consistently fail to draw them from the spell deck when i set up ;P (Also, this expansion plays nicely with the others, even RoTD to a lesser extent!).

Hope that helps you decide!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for your advice.
I'm struggling between Quartifacts and Quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Quest is your best bet to be honest then if you're going for 2 players and see how it goes =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the best expansion lies in the intereaction you and your wife desire.

Demons adds a punisher mechanic

Qladiator adds a more disruptive mechanic

Quartifacts, as mentioned, above really is not too great with just 2 ppl

Quarmageddon adds more to what you know.

So the question posed is "What do you want to do with the wife?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.