Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: About Swords and Towers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hi,

Have any of you tried to apply the effect of swords and towers during combat regardless of you is the victorious or defeated?

That could make fights even more tense and lethal. Many not equal?

Just wondering about your thoughts or experience if ever tried so.

PS: could not find it on the forum, but if a thread does exist let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Spear
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about this for a while, and was planning to try it out the next time I play, which is hopefully this weekend. If I manage to get my group together I'll let you know how it goes. If anyone else has tried this and found it to fail miserably please let me know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Probably, but it could be worth trying a few times to check.

The games works fine as it is, even though some players may find some aspects more or less balanced/scripted. The best way to play is still not to rationalize the way each house has best mouves etc and just trying new things sometimes but that is another topic^^

I am wondering why the defeated army cannot inflict casualties (except being very lucky with the 2 ToB skull incons) and just defend itselft with towers though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roftie
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wardhound wrote:

I am wondering why the defeated army cannot inflict casualties (except being very lucky with the 2 ToB skull incons) and just defend itselft with towers though.

The answer from 1st edition rulebook wrote:
Designer Note: Though casualties were obviously inflicted on both sides of a medieval battle, actual losses were far less than those of modern battles. Typically,
far greater casualties were inflicted after a medieval battle ended. A clever winning leader would press his victory by outflanking, pursuing, and slaughtering the broken enemy army as it retreated. In the A GAME OF THRONES board game, each unit represents a large force of warriors, and even one or two casualties should represent a stunning loss for the losing side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interesting. TX

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.