Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Leesch
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Herr General!
Not only are the factory complexes in our hands, but the elements of Stalingrad's defenses that were holding the ground have been nearly completely obliterated.
Our push on the right flank of our position provided a key advantage which helped us to overcome the staunch resistance of the center and left. Once again, our troops quickly dealt with the T-34 units, destroying them utterly in the first minutes of the conflict.
Our sniper unit was instrumental in opening oportunities to manuever on the right, and in fact Cpl Jensen should immediately be rewarded with the Fuhrer's commendation for completly immobilizing two separate platoons of the Soviet infantry.
Also, Cpt. Kohl has proven much more capable than his predecessor, making his artillery batteries instrumental in openning gaps in the difficult defensive positions.
Toward evening, Herr General, I feared that all was lost, as the Russian commander finally consolidated his units at the rear of his position, forcing our units to cross minefields while under withering artillery and sniper fire. In the end, though, our Panzer units were able to push all the way to the rear line of the enemy, crushing all resistance on our left flank, and taking the far section of the factory.

This scenario is extremely difficult for the Axis, as the Allies have an excellent kill zone set up. Golux and I agree that he probably would have won had he simply fallen back to short artillery range with most of his pieces and waited for me to get to him. As it was, he tried to defend in place too long, and the Axis forces were able to pick off valuable units from the embankment. JimPAX (Axis) 10, Golux13 (Soviet) 9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.