Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
How do you count plays with expension? it adds to plays if you select the base game and select the expension? What if you play with more than one expension? Like X-Wings with both millenium and slave-1?

Also is there a way to record if you won or not? Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Microbadge: "Made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs."Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: English syntax to Jedi not important is!Microbadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
I don't record plays of expansion sets. If I feel it is important, then I make a note in the comments box which expansion sets I used.

Every player you add to a playing has a checkbox "win". I use this to record the winning player(s) and I (mis)use the "rating" field to record which place a player achieved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
I don't record plays of expansion sets. If I feel it is important, then I make a note in the comments box which expansion sets I used.
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Northampton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
Also is there a way to record if you won or not?
Towards the bottom of the record plays popup (at least when you record a play directly from a game page) there is something that says "More >>" When you click on that it expands and allows you to put in more information (location, comments, etc.). There is now an "Add player" button. Click that to add a player. Repeat for every player. When you add a player it will let you add information about how that player did in the game including a checkbox for if they won.

I record expansion plays along with the base game. But whereas I will completely fill out the base game record (who played, score, etc.) I'll simply record that a play of the expansion was made without filling in any additional detail. I figure I'll know to look at the base game details for all that info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
It varies based on game for me.

For games where I tend to choose different expansions each time, I log a play of the base game and each expansion I used. For example, I usually choose one big box and one small box expansion to go with Arkham Horror, and I will log them as such. Although I always use a few things from different expansions, such as the madness/injury cards from Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror Expansion or the relationship cards from one of the other expansions, I don't count those as plays logged each time.

For Warhammer: Invasion, where I'm mixing and matching cards from about a bajillion different card packs, I just count plays of the base game. I have logged one play from each expansion and card pack on Jan 1, 1900, because I keep track of my unplayed, owned games and don't want these adding noise to that list.

For games like Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game where there are a ton of expansions that each constitute just one mini, I can't be bothered to log it model by model. I just log the base game (again with a dummy 1-1-1900 log for each ship).

Dominion is a bit of an exception for me. Given my categories above, I would think I would just log my plays against the base and ignore the expansions. For that one in particular, though, I like to know how many times I've played an expansion before I bought the next one. I log plays against every Dominion box (ignoring the promo cards) every time I play, regardless of what cards are in the game. It's tedious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I speak EsperantoMicrobadge: Safe, Sane, ConsensualMicrobadge: Human RightsMicrobadge: MasochistMicrobadge: Vegan
Also see the BGG wiki page Logging for a summary of info from various past threads about logging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
All hail Xipuloxx the Unsound!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
I record expansion plays along with the base game. But whereas I will completely fill out the base game record (who played, score, etc.) I'll simply record that a play of the expansion was made without filling in any additional detail. I figure I'll know to look at the base game details for all that info.
That's exactly what I do. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
imyourskribe wrote:
I have logged one play from each expansion and card pack on Jan 1, 1900, because I keep track of my unplayed, owned games and don't want these adding noise to that list.
That's a good idea! Why haven't I thought of that? Thanks!

Other than that I do the same. I always log expansions except for games which have too many for keeping track of them (Netrunner and LotR LCG in my case).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen OConnor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Glass Bead Board Games
badge
Read my blog
mbmbmbmbmb
I always add plays for expansions, it's interesting to see which carcassonne expansions that I've played most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrico Viglino
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
Slowed - BGG's moderation policies have driven me partially from here
badge
http://thegamebox.byethost15.com/smf/
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game. If I'm ambitious, expansions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HenningK
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only record sessions. So one record of Magic can mean a single game, a tournament with maybe 10 or 12 games or 30+ games in an 18 hour session with friends. I usually record expansions if it offers a unique experience, like in the Lord of the Rings card game. For CCGs or LCGs, it seems pointless to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls