• [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People DO drop them occasionally. You just have to get lucky in snagging it. There's been some discussion of folks using scripts to snag these, which I'm guessing is similar to, say, ebay tools for ninjaing auctions.

That said, in the past few days, I've successfully snagged a $140, and advanced down to the $125 level. I've seen a couple lowers but missed them, and even a $200 a couple times. It's like a Kickstarter metagame.

ALSO, for whatever it's worth, read up on the expansions and what-have-you. The two recently added ultra levels scale pretty nicely against anything but the $110 and the $200 levels -- IF you're getting extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The $325 Book of Eibon bundle is the Father's Day Special ($200) plus two faction expansions (2x $48) and a High Priest expansion ($12). Better than the other $220+ Culte Des Ghouls Early Birds *and* you get to choose which First Player Marker to receive.

The $525 De Vermiss Mysteriis bundle is the Father's Day Special ($200) plus four faction expansions ($120), the three maps ($120), two Dreamlands expansions ($40), High Priest Expansion ($12), and 6-8 player map ($12). About the same or better than the other $220+ CDG EBs, etc.

The main comments are pretty active, indicating a lot of people are looking for a better price. Both bundles are above the $200 minimum for the 9 free GOOs.

Also note that the Cultist level is currently $140, which is $30 below $170 MSRP, and comes with a free $20 MSRP Mother Hydra and Father Dagon GOO and bonus miniatures. (You have to look at the pledge chart or stretch goals to see this.) That's 30% off MSRP before the $200 minimum. The gates and dice are the best deals, since the extra gates and dice will only be provided during the KS. Once you hit $200, you receive seven more free GOOs. So your $200 gets you about $400 worth of tentacled evilness!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about it, I have a $125 Early Bird. But, I'm probably going to wait until closer to the end and see what else happens. I'd rather not leave enough time to drop and then regret it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now a 138$ backer, but guess it's either gonna be DDD or this. I just really fear the VAT on this one :/.

Btw. I also have an EB 100$ for DDD if someone wants to swap .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schep
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VAT shouldn't be an issue for you since they are shipping from within the EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
There's been some discussion of folks using scripts to snag these, which I'm guessing is similar to, say, ebay tools for ninjaing auctions.
I've suspected scripts were being used -- any pointers to where you saw the discussion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valandor wrote:
Really? AWESOME! Where did you read that ? Oh an btw. is it true that I need 200$ to get the cool free stuff? Do the shipping costs count toward that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twyker wrote:
Valandor wrote:
Really? AWESOME! Where did you read that ? Oh an btw. is it true that I need 200$ to get the cool free stuff? Do the shipping costs count toward that?
Yes, it is true, just read the latest updates (start from the newest and work backwards, it is a few back now). Shipping costs do not count towards the $200.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got really lucky and managed to drop from an original $140 to $136 to $130 and then finally a $110. I just kept checking the page randomly on my phone. So it does happen but you may be safer just buying a package deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
ohbalto wrote:
There's been some discussion of folks using scripts to snag these, which I'm guessing is similar to, say, ebay tools for ninjaing auctions.
I've suspected scripts were being used -- any pointers to where you saw the discussion?
In the main comments for the KS page, believe it or not. People are weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I got a 134$ pledge now . It's sad though that the shipping costs do not count against the 200$ goal, now I'm certainly not gonna buy any addons shake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
The $325 Book of Eibon bundle is the Father's Day Special ($200) plus two faction expansions (2x $48) and a High Priest expansion ($12). Better than the other $220+ Culte Des Ghouls Early Birds *and* you get to choose which First Player Marker to receive.

The $525 De Vermiss Mysteriis bundle is the Father's Day Special ($200) plus four faction expansions ($120), the three maps ($120), two Dreamlands expansions ($40), High Priest Expansion ($12), and 6-8 player map ($12). About the same or better than the other $220+ CDG EBs, etc.

The main comments are pretty active, indicating a lot of people are looking for a better price. Both bundles are above the $200 minimum for the 9 free GOOs.

Also note that the Cultist level is currently $140, which is $30 below $170 MSRP, and comes with a free $20 MSRP Mother Hydra and Father Dagon GOO and bonus miniatures. (You have to look at the pledge chart or stretch goals to see this.) That's 30% off MSRP before the $200 minimum. The gates and dice are the best deals, since the extra gates and dice will only be provided during the KS. Once you hit $200, you receive seven more free GOOs. So your $200 gets you about $400 worth of tentacled evilness!

What math are you using, FDS plus two expansions and high priest is $308? FDS plus thr factions bundle and high priests is $332. Still a better deal than eibon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arne
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I Love the 'Feel the Love' threadMicrobadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: Adobe userMicrobadge: Noble Knight of the Love ThreadMicrobadge: Thanos fan
ohbalto wrote:
kirkbauer wrote:
ohbalto wrote:
In the main comments for the KS page, believe it or not. People are weird.
I just pledged for a non-EB slot, opened the "manage pledge" page and reloaded a hundred times per day or so.

EBs open up all the time. Eventually, it was a $110 EB. Took about a week.

Not sure yet whether I will pledge more than $200 in total, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just snagged a $120. Slowly, but surely . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Just snagged a $120. Slowly, but surely . . .
Damn you David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it makes you feel any better, I just missed a $115 that came open.

One of the guys from Penny Arcade defined Kickstarter as an online RPG where money is XP. This whole Early Bird thing is just a crazy minigame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CW added a new free GOO at the superbundle levels, so EB slots are opening!

Saw a FDS and CEB2. Already have a CEB1.

F5 F5 F5! goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn, could really use one of them lower CEBs :/.
That would seal the deal on CW for me and would ease the pain of the shipping costs a little .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HAHAHAHAHHA F*CK yeah ! I did it ! ! !

I blocked one of the CDG EBs and the minute I opened that spot, it was taken ^^ - looks like it was one of the boys from CEB1. Now I have that one yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! I actually got a $110 a couple hours ago, but I felt badly posting about it.

We won the minigame. Our prize is an empty wallet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
Congrats! I actually got a $110 a couple hours ago, but I felt badly posting about it.

We won the minigame. Our prize is an empty wallet.
That it is indeed. Considering that I'll push it to 200$ now anyways shake.

EDIT: What addons do you get? I'm currently thinking 25$ for the gates, 16$ for the 6-8 player board and one more faction (48$). That should be 199$ but GEG can have that one buck .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a whole spreadsheet to help me decide.

Definitely gates, dice, and high priests.

Azathoth as a neutral expansion seems interesting. Being able to add his spellbooks in place of your own faction's seems like it could open up gameplay nicely.

I'm tempted by the Primeval and Yuggoth maps (as they both seem to offer interesting gameplay variants, the icebergs and the GOO who goes kill crazy all over the board regardless of who woke it up).

I'm not interested in the $20 monster packs, the player one tokens, or the 6-8 player map.

I may pick up one expansion because my game group is frequently five players. That'd probably be Windwalker b/c I love Wendigos.

The cool thing is, without the player one markers, the $110 level works out cheaper than one of the "big" pledge levels. It's only by a couple dollars, but it's the thought that counts.

What will I actually get? Dunno. It's entirely possible I'll go gates, dice, high priests, and something else to push over $200, then wait and see if I want to grab the rest after release. Decisions, decisions . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe yeah, same problem here . I'd also like to get azathoth, just because he seems oddly interesting in this - well - odd bunch .

The only thing thats sad is, that most strech goals benefit the open way, windwalker or sleeper expension (the open way definitely the most). So azathoth seems like a good expansion to get later on :/. Guess I'm going with windwalker if we get to it's strech goals, otherwise it's the open way for me .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to think about it more along the lines of "What will enhance things when we play?" moreso than "What provides the most bonus plastic?"

I believe the stretch goals you're referring to are the bonus, collectable minis, no? They don't seem to offer much of a gameplay benefit, so I"m okay with missing out if I must. However, I write this as very much NOT a minis painting guy. If I was a minis painting guy (like my buddy who will probably benefit from my bonuses), I'd probably be looking closer at things from that perspective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |