5 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Potions use in combats rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lock Eb
msg tools
Hi Michael and all,

first of all great game. I like the way it forces you to start collaborating with friends, even for many minutes, before roll the first dice.

After 3 tries we finally defeated the Skrall in the tower of the second legend:

first time: very lucky rolls but very bad strategy, we killed way too many enemies and got not enough time to even think to attack Skrall;

second time: very good (but not perfect) strategy, very bad rolls (witch was on the last fog panel)

third time: very very good strategy, average luck and Skrall beaten so much that Gors are still searching for pieces in the forest.

But I've a question about potions because I scare we may have used them in a wrong way.
Since we had enough gold we bought another one from the which and at the end we used all four sides on the first attack, doubling all players best dice result. And beaten the Skroll by like 18 or so.

So we thought maybe potion can be used only once for attack round so we simulated the same fight using only one potion on the best dice. We won the same in two rounds but we had a potion left we didn't used.

Could you please clarify if it can be used multiple times in the same fight or only once?

I have also another small question, but I didn't play legends beyond second so I've no idea if there are new rules. I see all chars have a slot for an helmet. But it seems mage and archer have no reason to wear it as they can't launch (well, more or less in case of archer) more than one dice for round. Is it just a little graphical bug or there's a reason?

Many thanks, have a nice day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Menzel
msg tools
designer
Dear Lock Eb

Thanks for your Kind posting and your commendation.
I'm happy that you like the game that much.

Here come the answers to your questions:

The postion doubles one die. You can use only one side of the potion for each battleround. But if the group has more than one potion, for example the archer and the warrior has one, then they both can use the potion for one of their dice. OK? So I think you played everything correctly. Congratulations.

OK?

Yes you are right, the wizard and the archer cannot use the helmet. But sometimes, in very cooperative groups, the wizard wants to buy a helmet for his friend the dwarf and wears it until they meet. OK?

kind regards
Micha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen K
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you have made a small error. As far as I understood you used all four sides of the potions in one attack round, right? This is not possible, because only the owner of a potion can use it on himself in an attack round. But you can give the potion to another player after an attack round if he is in the same space.
So you could use the two potions in two rounds completely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lock Eb
msg tools
Dear Michael

Saying that I like the game is not reductive, I love it. It has so many interesting aspects, from narrator to the fact that every legend can change so radically the gameplay and strategies. Can't wait to see future expansions.

And, very important, every part of the game is explained exactly at the right time. Very very rarely I've found a so clear and intuitive rulebook.

But the thing that positively surprised me the most is the fact you take the time to read and answer our questions on the forum, I think it's the dream of every player. Many thanks, on behalf of all the community.

It would be nice if one day you could share some interesting stories about how you came out with this game, how many hours did you spent testing it and trying to balance it so well (every game is always on the win/loose line until the end).

Thanks for your answer about the potion, since we gave all potions to one char it means our first try wasn't correct. Good luck we tried it the other way round too.
Thanks also for the helmet clarification, it makes much more sense this way.

Have a nice day,
Lock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lock Eb
msg tools
Yes Jürgen, thanks, our first attempt was wrong. Good luck we tried also the other way so our conscience is clean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls